News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD - D’Angelico Excel DC

Started by BrianS, December 16, 2017, 11:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

Im just a sucker for half price guitars I guess Or Jimilee's I have to buy a Guitar even though I have 40 of them powers have leaked through my iPad and rubbed off on me.  Musicians Friend had a Stupid Deal of the Hour on the natural tint on Black Friday for $699.  I resisted then and as always after doing some research later sort of started kicking myself.  Anyway the white one went on sale at Sam Ash for the same price so I ordered one but felt it was going to get canceled because all of the Excel line guitars vanished off their website the next day.  My online rep (Ira) called 2 days later and said it wasn't going to be filled but their was one he found in their Hollywood store, it was an 8 out of 10 and did I want it.  Well I said yes and besides the case having the tolex ripped a little in one area the guitar is almost flawless.  Not sure if any of you have tried these but the reviews are good and this one is a keeper.  My only complaint is with the neck pup and it's a little to dark for me.  I like bright pups because I can always adjust the tone level down.  Besides that the workmanship from Korea is excellent and out of the case it plays extremely well.  It has some gaudy looking tuners but they're Grover's and work well.  MF has the white one for $1550 now.  If you see these go on sale for $700 or below you might want to take a good look at it.  It's a really nice Guitar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blearyeyes

jimilee

Maaan, it's a sickness is all I'm saying. Great looking. Guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

somnif

While it is a nice guitar, I am rather more enamored with the pedal pile in the background  ;D

BrianS

Quote from: jimilee on December 16, 2017, 08:44:38 PM
Maaan, it's a sickness is all I'm saying.

Is there a cure you can get at Walgreens?

Quote from: somnif on December 16, 2017, 09:09:20 PM
While it is a nice guitar, I am rather more enamored with the pedal pile in the background  ;D

I suppose I have this sickness in that area also.  If the board developers would stop making these fantastic projects perhaps I could curtail that addiction, 🤔 probably not.

Thanks for the comments.

stringsthings

That's a pretty guitar.  And a nice collection of pedals!
All You Need Is Love

pickdropper

I've never had a chance to play one of those, but they are really nice looking instruments.  Congrats on the new toy!
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Quote from: BrianS on December 17, 2017, 07:21:25 AM
Quote from: jimilee on December 16, 2017, 08:44:38 PM
Maaan, it's a sickness is all I'm saying.

Is there a cure you can get at Walgreen?
The only cure is more guitars, that way it's harder to find one that you want.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

The first MF Stupid Deal of the Hour today was for the white one @ $699. 

Quote from: pickdropper on December 18, 2017, 04:14:21 AM
I've never had a chance to play one of those, but they are really nice looking instruments.  Congrats on the new toy!

I'm not hyping this thing but at $699 it is a steal. It plays as well as any of my other higher priced guitars.  Who knows about the neck pup, I'm not a fan, but it might sound right to others.  I have a lot of high frequency hearing loss so it sometimes makes a world of difference.