Smallbear Small Wart
1 (2.2%)
DIY
4 (8.9%)
Other
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

keysandguitars

Here's a link to Musician's Friend and Smallbear that shows all of these PSU's.
Musicians Friend: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar-effect-power-supplies#fT=&gP=1&pS=60&v=g&sB=bS&lP=c&catId=site1AQBE

Small Bear: http://www.smallbearelec.com/Categories.bok?category=Kits+And+Designs

I'm currently using a 1 Spot and the various PSU's included with my Qtron+, Wah, Seymour Duncan Twin OD, etc. I figure it's time to plan on consolidating to a better PSU unit as I complete more builds.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

jkokura

I'm using several of those...

The Voodoo Labs unit is an industry standard. Very good product, but it isn't quite as good for high current needs in todays digital pedal world. You can't power lots of high mA sucking pedals with it. Same with pretty much all of those you listed.

The Supa Charger is almost identical to the PP2+. It doesn't have sag, which doesn't bother me as I don't need it.

I have Boss, Dunlop, Strymon, and Visual Sound small power supplies as well. They're useful, and if you don't mind daisy chaining they do fine.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

JakeFuzz

I use the onespot for almost everything. Ive powered probably 15 pedals at a time from it with no issues. I;ve never had noise problems either. Somewhere down the line it powers two separate roadrage boxes too. I use a modified laptop 24 VDC transformer split in parallel to run my warhead vibe and soon my Dirtbag ;D

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: JakeFuzz on September 15, 2011, 09:11:18 AM
I use the onespot for almost everything. Ive powered probably 15 pedals at a time from it with no issues. I;ve never had noise problems either. Somewhere down the line it powers two separate roadrage boxes too. I use a modified laptop 24 VDC transformer split in parallel to run my warhead vibe and soon my Dirtbag ;D

I gotta figure out how you do that 24VDC splitting! A discussion for another day!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

sgmezei

I have four (yup, 4) onespot adapters. They have never let me down and I use them all the time. I run my board with two of them and have one as a backup. The extra one I keep at my bench for testing pedals. I have also used them with metronomes and bigger tuners.

They are a lot less money and have been great so I have not even tried the voodoo labs or other brands.

BRGPollen

I'm in the same boat. Currently I'm running everything (except my M13) on one Onespot. As I move closer to my ideal board I've started to wonder about power. I've been considering the gig rig option.

http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/power_solutions.html
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

timbo_93631

I use the Gator G-BUS-8 that came bundled with my Gator GPT-BL-PWR pedalboard.  It has eight 9v jacks, and three 18v.  I routinely run all 8 9v's at the same time and haven't had any current issues, the thing is rated for 1800mA, max is 250mA per jack which would be seven pedals pulling max current, very unlikely you'd see a setup that would draw that much.   Simply great and is about half the price of the dunlop or voodoo labs stuff.  I got mine on sale on ebay for $89.99 plus shipping, a great deal for a soft case, pedal board, and PSU.  Sweetwater has em in stock:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GPTBLPWR/

The psu has adapter itself so the main transformer is not housed inside the brick but in the middle of the power cord and it drops the power to 18v.  If anything it seems like that would make for an even quieter psu, not having the transformer next to the filtering and distribution of power.  It cannot power any -9v pedals though, so you gotta go with a roadrage or a battery if you are running PNP trannies.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

chip46

VoodooLabs PP2+ for me. I do have a 1-Spot that I use at the bench for testing purposes though.

mjcyates

I use the Supa Charger for my big board and One Spot for my smaller board. I think they are both very good products.

petesz

Ive got the gator as well. Yeah its noisy and will amplify hum and hiss throughout your whole board if you have one dodgey pedal, but it works for simply powering pedals, and i like the 8x 9v outputs and 3x 18v ones. Its such an investment to get a PP or better isolated power supply. I also just use a Boss adaptor and daisy chain pedals, always works fine.
I just came across this though, thought it looks pretty great.. http://www.guitareffectspedals.com/cioks.html

timbo_93631

Quote from: petesz on September 18, 2011, 05:36:04 PM
Ive got the gator as well. Yeah its noisy and will amplify hum and hiss throughout your whole board if you have one dodgey pedal, but it works for simply powering pedals, and i like the 8x 9v outputs and 3x 18v ones. Its such an investment to get a PP or better isolated power supply. I also just use a Boss adaptor and daisy chain pedals, always works fine.
I just came across this though, thought it looks pretty great.. http://www.guitareffectspedals.com/cioks.html
That is too bad dude, I don't find mine to be noisy at all.  Maybe there is alot of variance in the quality of the Gator PSU's?
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

raulduke

I splashed out and bought a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2.

It worth every penny imo.

Its built like a tank too.

juansolo

I use a couple of Johnny shredfreak 9v supplies, an 18v PSU that I found kicking about that I use for my reverb and delay, and a pair of massive 12v supplies that I use for the valve pedals.

I really could use an all-in one solution to cover all that. My prob is that I need a fair bit of grunt (one of the 12v valve pedals pulls 1A).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

plesur

I'm using a PedalPower2+ on my pedalboard too.

I also have a Burkey flatliner, which actually is built like a tank being green, large, heavy and made of metal!  :P  It doesn't see much action due to it's size.

I've recently got a few higher mA rated pedals so I'm looking into getting an PedalPower ISO5, the higher rated version, to run along side the other.