Smallbear Small Wart
1 (2.2%)
DIY
4 (8.9%)
Other
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

jubal81

If you have the space for it, what would be wrong with using something like those Sure DC power supplies for Class D stereos?

12 volt output and, get this, 8.5 amps of power! I'd love to see an effects set up that could use all that.
You can get them on eBay for $36 including shipping.

http://goo.gl/bsTsF
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

TNblueshawk

PP2 for me. Heck I have 2 of them on my non DIY pedal board. I would do it all over again too money wise as they are solid and can be adapted to 18v pedals etc... Awesome product if you have the coin.
John

Guitar Master

I use a small-wart 125 from smallbear and it works great!

nzCdog

I bought an R-Core transformer off Ebay a while ago to build a PSU... it has 4 secondaries 12Vx2 and 18x2 800mA and 650mA respectively.  R-Core trannies are ultra clean and compact compared to the other types. The plan is to build a supply for the whole board... currently I'm using a Boss PSA-100 for 9 Pedals and the TC Electronic PSU for my delay.  My board is pretty quiet I just want a tidier setup and some more grunt to try different pedals

Willybomb

On my main board, I have a 1spot and Blackstar PSU, but on my grab and go board, the 4 pedals are powered by a 9.6 volt 2800mah RC battery.

gtr2

Can someone help me out with this statement by voodoo labs...

"With 4 completely isolated, filtered, and regulated output sections, Pedal Power Digital keeps your pedals dead quiet and free from high-frequency noise that occurs with digital "switching" power supplies."

It's referring to their soon to be released Pedal Power Digital.
http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_digital.htm

The orange text is what I'm confused about.  Is it marketing hype or something I don't understand?

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer