Previous topic - Next topic

Dminner

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

soldersqueeze

Super awesome, looks utterly insane! Any info on the joystick?

Dminner

A friend got me two for Christmas so I am not sure where exactly they came from. They had return to center springs but I removed them. The great part is there is enough friction that it doesn't fall over. It will stay whenever you put it

LaceSensor

Quote from: Dminner on December 23, 2017, 09:59:47 PM
Madbean zombii

so sick

but can you tell the controls and how it works etc? does the joystick give the total "throw" of the pots? I would doubt it? did you have to adjust for sweetspots or change the values?

In any case, really amazing

Dminner

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 24, 2017, 07:25:37 AM
Quote from: Dminner on December 23, 2017, 09:59:47 PM
Madbean zombii

so sick

but can you tell the controls and how it works etc? does the joystick give the total "throw" of the pots? I would doubt it? did you have to adjust for sweetspots or change the values?

In any case, really amazing

So, the joystick had 2 10k pots. I chose the zombii because of this (it has several 10k values).  It controls the gate and comp. these controls make it interactive and fun.

Dminner

Actually. I get what you mean now and I'm a little curious. I'm not sure. I will use a multimeter later and see. Sounds great though

cajone5

Dang. Would LOVE to make something like this. Any idea where the joysticks came from? Also interested in the pot throw question.

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

TheDude

This thing looks awesome! Great work!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The dude abides

soldersqueeze

Quote from: cajone5 on December 24, 2017, 08:11:46 AM
Dang. Would LOVE to make something like this. Any idea where the joysticks came from? Also interested in the pot throw question.

If you eBay "2 axis potentiometer joystick" you'll find a bunch. Can't answer the throw question, but I can't see why they'd make one which didn't give the full range of the pot...

LaceSensor

Quote from: Dminner on December 24, 2017, 08:00:20 AM
Actually. I get what you mean now and I'm a little curious. I'm not sure. I will use a multimeter later and see. Sounds great though

Just interesting really, I spose it must be the full throw, maybe they are custom "width" or taper

nzCdog