News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My PIF MB30

Started by gordo, December 26, 2017, 03:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

So this PIF was based on a Catlinbread CB30 and I was not only in the thread on time but seriously interested in the board.  I'd never heard of the CB original but the video demo had me hooked.  Fast forward a few days and I got the board built up except was missing a few weird caps.  A 0.1 electro and a 0.22 electro.  I substituted the film equivalent and was crazy about the board and as Christmas services rolled around I had the pedal pegged for a live cover of Chris Tomlin's "Joy To The World".  The parts showed up at the last minute and I had the enclosure ready to go.  I worked some crazy hours and decided to abandon the project except my dog got goofy about 4:00 AM and I took it as a sign that A: he was being an knucklehead and B: I needed this pedal.  Got it finished except for knobs. 

The guts were clean until I decided to tack on a Coda bypass.  It all fits in there but doesn't look pretty. This thing sounds excellent. Thanks again for the PIF!!!

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gordo

Geez, I should make mention that this PIF was from mark123. Thanks again, I love this thing.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?