News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another Catch22, I got this Mojo from Christmas!!

Started by fair.child, December 27, 2017, 03:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

This time the Catch22 is from brucer. Thanks a lot, this pedal is great. Very much different than original Timmy. This one definitely is going to stay. During the build process, I got some errors by putting the wrong IC's. The zener went out and the VDC and ground got connected together. Replaced the Zener, got the right chips TL072 and checked the voltages. Everything good and re-did the painting. The swirl took process since I got a dark purple color box from smallbear and decided to go brown and white.

Outside:

Inside:

mjcyates

Catch 22 is a great circuit. Not knocking the Timmy by any means but I too prefer the Catch 22. I don't know that I would say they are "very" much different, but definitely different.

fair.child

I really want to re-design it for 1590a build. As many of us know, we love mini builds. At max 1590G pedal.

Boba7

Nice, good job!!

I have to say I couldn't hear any difference between a Timmy and a Catch22, and comparing schematics there's not much difference. The bass and treble pot taper could be different, and different opamp will give slightly different sounds, but otherwise it's strictly the same circuit.

BrianS

fair.child

@BrianS
Thanks a lot. I should've given credit to Brucer.

@Boba7
I socketed the IC's though I couldn't find many differences between real Timmy and Catch22. After testing it for couple hours, I've found my bass pot gets reversed. I'll probably try to fix it sometime later. So far, I really like how it feels to get the clean/pushed amp dirty.

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love