News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tesseract Reverb!

Started by jbosco, December 27, 2017, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

Quote from: somnif on January 18, 2018, 02:53:52 AM
Far as I can tell, mammoth has all 3 flavors in stock (though their website and my browser don't always get along, so it could be lying to me).

Damn. They didn't a week ago. I might still build with a short brick. Since the Tesseract has two feedback loops, I'm guess I can still get pretty long tails.

alanp

Music Thing Modular recently released a new version of their Spring Thing reverb, and guess what kind of brick it uses?

That's my theory on there being any lack recently.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Aleph Null

Quote from: alanp on January 18, 2018, 05:26:14 PM
Music Thing Modular recently released a new version of their Spring Thing reverb, and guess what kind of brick it uses?

That's my theory on there being any lack recently.

Makes sense. I feel like I can still get the version one brick some places, though.

I've been pondering buying another brick, but the more I think about it, the more the short version might actually be more versatile. The decay on the brick will set the lower limit of the decay time, with two feedback loops, I should be able to stretch the max decay pretty far. If I still need more, I'm sure I could lower some resistor values in the feedback loop.

stringsthings

Nice work on the pedal.  It's got an interesting sound and is a straight-forward build.
I like the way you arranged the controls.

I've had a working tesseract PCB and was trying to squeeze it into a BB.   I did a poor job of pre-planning
and couldn't get the in/out jacks to fit.   :P  And I did such a nice job with the graphic.  oops.
So I think I'll save the PCB for a future multi-build.

All You Need Is Love

Aleph Null

Quote from: stringsthings on January 25, 2018, 03:33:09 PM
Nice work on the pedal.  It's got an interesting sound and is a straight-forward build.
I like the way you arranged the controls.

I've had a working tesseract PCB and was trying to squeeze it into a BB.   I did a poor job of pre-planning
and couldn't get the in/out jacks to fit.   :P  And I did such a nice job with the graphic.  oops.
So I think I'll save the PCB for a future multi-build.

I'm attempting to cram mine into a 1590BBM from Mammoth (1590BB, but the hight of a 125B). Give me top-mounted jacks or give me death!