News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DS-1 clone

Started by mjg, January 03, 2018, 12:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

I've finished off the DS-1 clone that I did a PCB for recently.  The PCB worked, so I'm happy with that. :)

The 9 clipping options include a mix of 914 and Bat41 diodes, as well as some power mosfets, LEDs, 4001 diodes and some 1n270s, which make the whole thing very fuzzy.  Most of the options have different sounds, but I can't hear any difference between the few 4001 combinations that I put in. 

The only major issue with this build was my ancient 15 watt soldering iron died part way through.  I ended up ordering a Hakko FX888D station as a replacement and xmas gift to myself.   It was meant to ship overnight... but three days later hadn't left the warehouse.  Turned out that they were waiting on a free gift to include with the order, which was on back order.  Argh.  First world problems.

I wasn't feeling particularly creative when doing the artwork, so it got a generic bad 80s makeover, with tiger print and stencil font decal.

I'm really enjoying the soft touch relay bypass.  There's a little bit of a click sometimes, but overall so much nicer than the 3PDT clunk. 

I've still got a few of these PCBs available for free in the PIF thread: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=27044.0

soldersqueeze

Gloriously insane. It's cool to see someone go to town on the DS1 circuit!
Also digging the tiger stripe paint job, a nice nod to the original.

storyboardist

Great looking build and board!
Guy behind Effects Layouts

BrianS

Nice all around.  Really like the rotary switching and the number of options it presents.

alanp

That's a really nice amount of features on the board :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mrclean77

But wait, there's MORE!

Nice work  8)

culturejam

Holy crap! That's an awesome board!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

selfdestroyer

Could really use more clipping options.

I kid.. I kid.. this is awesome!

Cody

oip

now that is a bang for buck PCB.  looks awesome