News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

If you haven't been to BLMS for a while...

Started by Leevibe, January 04, 2018, 06:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovemyswitches

Quote from: Zigcat on January 17, 2018, 03:44:31 PM
Lawrence is a good man and that was a hard thing to say. I really appreciate that you took time to share your perspective and the steps you have taken, not only to not get blocked from servers, but to make customers and your relationships with them better and most importantly, for your daughter(the pretty thing make a lot of women pissed, so you are not alone on that). It means a lot to many people. You're awesome!

Aww thanks! I can be a miserable fuck at my natural resting state so I have to make sure I take moments like these to feel gratitude that we can share some good vibez over words posted on a forum. I wish you well and may the world continue to improve for all of us.

Also, I realized that me mentioning my daughter being called "pretty" could look like a humble brag. That wasn't my intention. I'll just go ahead and brag. She is the cutest creature I have ever snuggled, second is my first born: Ladybear the cat.

Zigcat

Quote from: midwayfair on January 17, 2018, 07:35:04 PM
Edit: Nevermind, arguing on the internet is dumb.

Yeah, I'm done for a few years. Out of my system.

Frag Magnet

Quote from: midwayfair on January 17, 2018, 07:35:04 PM
Be the change you want to see, people. That's all.
Presuming something was directed more or less at me...

Look, the best we can possibly do as a society is afford people the Liberty to pursue their passions and take everyone on a case-by-case basis as the individuals they are, not what someone of their identity group is 'supposed' to be. I'd be shocked if someone on this particular forum would honestly argue against that.

That being said, the "blank slatism" fashionable at the moment within certain political ideologies is neo-Lysenkoist hogwash and some average differences between groups are going to naturally crop up. Given that those of us fortunate enough to live Western Europe, the US, Canada, etc live in the freest and most economically permissive societies in human history, we shouldn't be shocked to see them. But even when those average differences in various traits reveal themselves, you still have to remember that we're talking about bell curves and there's going to be much more variation within groups and overlap between groups than mean differences—that's why it's so important to treat everyone as an individual.
Careful what you wish for, friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: bitcheslovemyswitches on January 17, 2018, 01:23:58 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 17, 2018, 01:21:41 PM
I am kinda disappointed that, even with the name change, my stupid work server/firewall will not let me get to the site (not at all a Lawrence problem... my work's firewall is very picky)

That was another reason for the name change! Does it tell you why it's been rejected?

Unfortunately no. It might be because it is not an "https" address. I wish it gave me more info but....nope  :-\

lovemyswitches

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 18, 2018, 06:51:21 AM
Quote from: bitcheslovemyswitches on January 17, 2018, 01:23:58 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 17, 2018, 01:21:41 PM
I am kinda disappointed that, even with the name change, my stupid work server/firewall will not let me get to the site (not at all a Lawrence problem... my work's firewall is very picky)

That was another reason for the name change! Does it tell you why it's been rejected?

Unfortunately no. It might be because it is not an "https" address. I wish it gave me more info but....nope  :-\

The address is HTTPS! https://lovemyswitches.com/

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: bitcheslovemyswitches on January 18, 2018, 11:21:09 AM
The address is HTTPS! https://lovemyswitches.com/

Like I said. It must be the firewall at my work. I can get to it just fine from home.

culturejam

Quote from: Frag Magnet on January 18, 2018, 05:43:56 AM
certain political ideologies is neo-Lysenkoist hogwash

Wow, right out of the pages of National Review!  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

lovemyswitches

Quote from: culturejam on January 18, 2018, 12:03:34 PM

I had to google it:

Neo-Lysenkoism
The word "Neo-Lysenkoism" has occasionally been used by hereditarian researchers[Like whom?] as a pejorative term in the debates over race and intelligence and sociobiology to describe scientists minimizing the role of genes in shaping human behavior, such as Leon Kamin, Richard Lewontin, Stephen Jay Gould and Barry Mehler.[19][20]

culturejam

Quote from: bitcheslovemyswitches on January 18, 2018, 12:06:35 PM
Quote from: culturejam on January 18, 2018, 12:03:34 PM

I had to google it:

Neo-Lysenkoism
The word "Neo-Lysenkoism" has occasionally been used by hereditarian researchers[Like whom?] as a pejorative term in the debates over race and intelligence and sociobiology to describe scientists minimizing the role of genes in shaping human behavior, such as Leon Kamin, Richard Lewontin, Stephen Jay Gould and Barry Mehler.[19][20]

It's a roundabout way of calling somebody a Marxist:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013/04/28/the-disgraceful-episode-of-lysenkoism-brings-us-global-warming-theory/#70d23cf97ac8
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Aleph Null

So...uh.... I just got some of those short Taiway switches and the anodized nuts. Both look great!

madbean

I think that everything that can/wanted/needed to be said on this has been said. So, let's leave it here.