News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phasers phasers phasers

Started by jimilee, January 06, 2018, 10:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So, these are a few BYOC pedals. They came out with just a straight classic phaser, so, of course I had to build it. It's true to form of the original script phaser, I went a head and put the 22k on a switch. The art isn't great, my printer decided to act stupid, and it's too cold to paint.

The next one is a clone of the FP-777, the call it a soaring skillet, Ibanez called it...wait for it.... The Flying Pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

somnif

For the Flying pan.... did they REALLY make their own vactrols (as their store claims), or just scratch the part number off a commercial one. The pic looks dubious.

jimilee

Quote from: somnif on January 06, 2018, 11:17:18 AM
For the Flying pan.... did they REALLY make their own vactrols (as their store claims), or just scratch the part number off a commercial one. The pic looks dubious.

They had them made. Their enclosures are made for them also.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

somnif

Huh. Neat. My only experience with BYOC was one of minor annoyance (kept getting splinters off the edges of the poorly cut pcb), but good to know they put the effort in.

Adam_DIY

They look great Jimi lovely and clean.  I've never built a BYOC which is weird considering a video of their OD2 is the kit which made me decide to have a go at building pedals.

diablochris6

What? I didn't even know that you liked phasers!  ;)

Good job! Nice and clean.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Some nice builds there, Jimi.

On a side note, I have a question that only you can probably answer:  If you plug in four Phase 90s in series, does it bring your signal full circle and sound like there's no effect on it?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

sjaustin

Quote from: Adam_MD on January 06, 2018, 01:39:13 PM
They look great Jimi lovely and clean.  I've never built a BYOC which is weird considering a video of their OD2 is the kit which made me decide to have a go at building pedals.
You should definitely build the OD2—it's a classic! They might be willing to sell you just the PCB if you can't bring yourself to pay for a full kit (which I usually can't). Putting two stomps on the short side of a 125B is a recipe for disaster anyway, at least with my size 14s...

jimilee

Quote from: sjaustin on January 07, 2018, 04:31:21 AM
Quote from: Adam_MD on January 06, 2018, 01:39:13 PM
You should definitely build the OD2—it's a classic! They might be willing to sell you just the PCB if you can't bring yourself to pay for a full kit (which I usually can't). Putting two stomps on the short side of a 125B is a recipe for disaster anyway, at least with my size 14s...
I will take a look, thank you. In the meantime, here's a bi comp I recently finished. I agree, 2 stomps are too much unless you want to stomp them at the same time.

BrianS

Ok.  How many does that make in your collection now? They look great.