News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BEOD

Started by jimilee, January 07, 2018, 07:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Pretty awesome overdrive/ amp sim. It's really crunchy sounding. Again, too cold to paint and my printer was giving me a hard time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

That's Brian's board, yeah?  How did you go with any reported squealing - I've got one I need a 220n to finish off along with a BuGG BE-OD that needs boxing.

Overall opinion?

tcpoint

I build a BE-OD and really liked it.  I, then, built the Dirty Shirley (Bugg's board) and liked it a lot more.  Nice build.

jimilee

Quote from: Willybomb on January 07, 2018, 02:12:02 PM
That's Brian's board, yeah?  How did you go with any reported squealing - I've got one I need a 220n to finish off along with a BuGG BE-OD that needs boxing.

Overall opinion?
It is. I haven't turned it up high enough to make it oscillate. I play more Bluesy stuff, so not overly driven.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Quote from: tcpoint on January 07, 2018, 03:38:27 PM
I build a BE-OD and really liked it.  I, then, built the Dirty Shirley (Bugg's board) and liked it a lot more.  Nice build.
I guess I need to have one then.

Flock of Bees

Where can I get one of these boards?

sonnyboy27

I built one of Bugg's boards and had a bit of squealing. I changed out the opamps and it wasn't a problem anymore. It sounds really good. I was able to get a sweet, thick prog metal tone by boosting it with a klon. Really want to try the Dirty Shirley to test out the mid control though. May have to get Bugg's board that combines the two.

Willybomb

What opamps did you swap in?

jimilee

Quote from: Willybomb on January 08, 2018, 12:55:31 PM
TL072 is what I used.

gordo

Dan Schumaker's BB-Pre pushes the snot out of this pedal as well and as Dan gets his website up it's highly recommended if he includes it.  Any clean boost really, but the BB is a not-so-clean boost and gives you the Bax tonestack to really dial in the insanity but pull back with the guitar volume.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

sonnyboy27

Quote from: Willybomb on January 08, 2018, 12:55:31 PM

I originally used some NE5532 opamps and then swapped down to using TL072 instead. I was trying to go for higher end and it backfired oddly enough.

oip

looks great!  cool artwork.  heard nothing but praise for this pedal.

i've got the populated PCB sitting in my drawer forever now been too lazy to drill up a box for it

bsoncini

That's a nice looking pedal.

I built one a few months ago on vero  http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.fr/2017/05/friedman-be-od.html.  It has been one of my favorite pedals since then.  There is a wide range of sounds available.  I haven't had any oscillation problems and i often use it with the gain dimed.

Your pedal looks much neater than mine

Adam_DIY

I've been meaning to try one of these think I'll grab one of those boards and check it out.

Andlord

I've build 3 BE ODs. Holy cow are those nice pedals :D
Really looking forward to build a dirty shirly one day

I have NE5532 in mine and it sounds like I want a marshall(ish) amp to sound.