News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dual delay featuring the smallest modulation circuit ever

Started by Dminner, January 11, 2018, 12:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dminner

I did some work for jptrfx and he sent me one of his fernweh boards. It is a dual delay. I did some fun mods to it in the process of building. One was a baby modulation circuit. It uses only three components! A candle flicker led, a drop down resistor, and a photoresistor. And it works! And I dig it.

I forgot to take a full gut shot before I buttoned it up. So just imagine the most beautiful wiring job ever, but know that It's not that.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

somnif

Any worry about the tiny chip in the LED spitting noise into the circuit ? I ran into this with one of the color cycling LEDs a while back.

Dminner

somnif

Excellent  ;D . My case may have been due to it being a rather antenna-y fuzz circuit to begin with.

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

culturejam

Quote from: somnif on January 11, 2018, 07:48:06 PM
Any worry about the tiny chip in the LED spitting noise into the circuit ? I ran into this with one of the color cycling LEDs a while back.

Same here. I got one of those crazy rainbow cycling LEDs and it put out a ton of noise in the audio spectrum. Glad to hear the flickering ones aren't noisy.

Quote from: Dminner on January 11, 2018, 08:05:13 PM
I hear no added noise at all.

Good! My question is this: can you change the flicker rate by altering the input current? This would technically be changing depth and speed at the same time. I'm just curious if the little IC inside is affected by a change in input current. Probably it's pretty stable down to very low current and then just stops working (which would make sense for its intended application in a battery-powered "candle")

Also, your inbox is fully, homie.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Dminner

Quote from: culturejam on January 15, 2018, 08:19:41 AM
Quote from: somnif on January 11, 2018, 07:48:06 PM

Same here. I got one of those crazy rainbow cycling LEDs and it put out a ton of noise in the audio spectrum. Glad to hear the flickering ones aren't noisy.

Quote from: Dminner on January 11, 2018, 08:05:13 PM
I hear no added noise at all.

Good! My question is this: can you change the flicker rate by altering the input current? This would technically be changing depth and speed at the same time. I'm just curious if the little IC inside is affected by a change in input current. Probably it's pretty stable down to very low current and then just stops working (which would make sense for its intended application in a battery-powered "candle")

Also, your inbox is fully, homie.  ;D

Whoops. Just deleted some stuff. Also, regarding the depth/speed I didn't try this because I liked how it sounded right away, BUT, according to a spec sheet I saw which showed some curves this should work.