News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Choral Reef MN3008 source

Started by Aentons, January 11, 2018, 06:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

I just started building the Choral Reef. I saw the posts about a few sources for the MN3008 back when it was released. It's been a little while so I figured I'd ask...

Has anybody found any other or new sources for the MN3008 for less than the small fortune that Small Bear is charging?

I'm in the US so the overseas shipping for Banzai comes out about the same.

Has anybody tried a different chip?

somnif

I didn't want to risk ebay, so I ended up going with smallbear. Took most of a month to arrive, too, and I have no idea why. Just floated in the postal service's purgatory for a few weeks.

But even on ebay, where you run a 90% risk of fakes, they still want 10$+ a chip from china.

The only other option I can think of is Reverb. I've seen them pop up there occasionally, but none up at the moment.

Aentons

I've been watching Reverb as well and haven't seen any.

gordo

That's strange.  I'm in Chicago suburbs and get SB deliveries in as little as 3 days.

And as mentioned before Steve's price is steep but not unrealistic and at least you're getting the real deal.  It IS a bitch coughing up that kind of money for a chip though.

I have a ton of chorus pedals but the CR is pretty cool and gets a lot of time on my live board.  I set it pretty subtle and use the center switch position for a tiny bit of flanger movement or the right side setting for a bit of wobble.  Great pedal.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

somnif

Quote from: gordo on January 11, 2018, 07:06:37 PM
That's strange.  I'm in Chicago suburbs and get SB deliveries in as little as 3 days.

Most of my orders from SB get to me in a few days, a week at most. The order with eh 3008 for some reason just stalled. It arrived at a post office in New York and then the tracking info just went silent for 25 days. Then, the very same day I got a response from SB about the delay (this was during their summer email confusions), with no update, it was in my mailbox. Utterly Baffling.

Aentons

Anybody ever order off eBay or Alibaba and not get a fake?

I filtered ebay to US only locations and there was one for $15 from a US based parts place. I messaged them and they said they guarantee the part is new, genuine, and is the actual part pictured in the listing. The picture didn't look like a new part, more like a pull, so I did not buy it. It's the only one I've seen like that so far.

tcpoint

I have some extras.  I'll post a for sale on the buy/sell/trade section.

Aentons