News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cool sounding pedal I noticed on DIY stompboxes

Started by matmosphere, January 16, 2018, 09:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Someone is working on a pt2399 delay where the original note is clean and the repeats have a ring mod flavor to them. Neat idea, and the sound clips sound good. Much more musical than I was expecting. It also looks to be very low part count.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=119498.0;topicseen

I know many here probably already saw it ok diy stompboxes already but figured it wouldn't hurt to repost.

Zigcat

That's awesome! No idea what I would do with it, but that kind of sums up all of my builds:)

peAk

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

midwayfair

That is a cool idea. I had thought of putting a vibe circuit in the loop of a delay (to modulate the pitch without modulating the delay length) but I would not have thought of making it go fast enough to ring modulate. It's an excellent idea.

diablochris6

I saw this post a day or two ago. Most impressive! The effect sounds almost like the Crash Sync effect to me. I've been looking at the Pladask pedals for some PT2399 weirdness lately, and this opens up a few other ideas rattling around in my head.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

matmosphere

Interesting thought about the Crash Sync. Perhaps the feedback loop in these might be a cool place for some of these more chaotic effects.