News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schumann PLL (or The Box of a Billion Wires)

Started by soldersqueeze, January 18, 2018, 07:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

After this sat dead on a shelf for a couple of months, I started feeling really guilty about avoiding troubleshooting this beast. So I spent the last few hours going through it and finally found a single, unsoldered pad.
Sigh.
Even ignoring today, this is probably the most time i've invested in a build, but I'm really happy with the result. It's as compact as I feel comfortable making something with this much wire in it, and unlike most builds I've seen (especially the original) you can actually hit the bastard footswitch!
Paint job is old school DIY (ie. garbage), but that's never been my strong point.

Under the board is as neat as I could make it

The board then just folds over the pots. I built a very technical rig for the wiring process as you can see ;D

As an effect, it's fairly bonkers, and I haven't messed with it much but I'm pretty sure everything works as it should. I've played a lot of crazy effects but this has it's own thing going on, worth building in my opinion, especially if you've recently given up drugs and are looking for a substitute.
I think with this working I'll finish my vero ADA flanger and then only build fabbed PCBs with board mounted pots for the rest of my life!

alanp

Now I feel bad about my one. It's been sitting in the Box Of Shame for more than a year now. (Blue Toecutter pcb.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stringsthings

That's an impressive vero build!  I've been tempted in the past to tackle that,
but I'm glad I waited until a PCB with board mounted pots was made available.
( by PMowdes2 at Dead End FX )

Looking forward to making lots of crazy noises.
All You Need Is Love

Timko

I have spent the beginning of 2018 starting to explore synth sound type pedals.  Thanks for for introducing this to me! 

Amazing build too.  It looks quite intimidating.

blearyeyes

That is frightening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrclean77

You built it on vero, had to troubleshoot and now it works - hold your head high, sir!

8) 8) 8)

287m

kaycee

Now that's an achievement, complex build, tricky with vero, well done.

Aleph Null

drsteel