News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Synth9.... i really want one T_T

Started by Yahoo67, January 19, 2018, 10:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yahoo67

All of the 9 series pedals are just out of this world but the synth 9 really sounds so unique !
I keep showing my girlfriend demos of the damn thing but she dont understand the awesomeness ...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3qebnkmvjiw

I dunno.... just had to tell someone...
Makes me dream about the future of our hobbie and what we migth be able to build someday :D
In the meantime i have to start saving for this one :)

drezdn

I would totally get one if I had the spare money. It's kind of crazy how ehx has essentially created a series of pedals where I'm pretty sure the only difference from pedal to pedal is a little bit of programming.

cajone5

Quote from: drezdn on January 22, 2018, 10:41:29 AM
I would totally get one if I had the spare money. It's kind of crazy how ehx has essentially created a series of pedals where I'm pretty sure the only difference from pedal to pedal is a little bit of programming.

I know -- I keep hoping for the "MAX9" or something that has all models in one...

Tremster

Quote from: cajone5 on January 22, 2018, 12:40:52 PM
I know -- I keep hoping for the "MAX9" or something that has all models in one...

This exactly!

somnif

Quote from: drezdn on January 22, 2018, 10:41:29 AM
a series of pedals where I'm pretty sure the only difference from pedal to pedal is a little bit of programming.

This is what I keep seeing with pedals built around the FV-1 chip. So much potential, hardwired to just perform one trick! Its frustrating! (Though more profitable, one suspects...)

thesmokingman

that's the thing about software, bugs become features
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

matmosphere

I think most of the r&d for these is on the software side. Sure it would be cool to have an all9 pedal but there is no financial incentive to ehx to do that.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't something more proprietary than an fv1 in there as well.

somnif

Oh definitely,  I was just mentioning the fv1 as an aside.  The EHX pedals have a much more robust processor under the hood.

madbean

I still like my B9. The Synth9 is the one I should really get. I'm always looking to make my guitar sound less like guitar  ;D

Zigcat

Quote from: madbean on January 22, 2018, 04:42:12 PM
I still like my B9. The Synth9 is the one I should really get. I'm always looking to make my guitar sound less like guitar  ;D

And Brian wins.

Yahoo67

Quote from: madbean on January 22, 2018, 04:42:12 PM

Me too ! I love my parasit studio builds exactly for that ... even if i dont use them that often :/ its still really cool . I just finished a into the unknown that i got as a pif ... my girfriend (bassist) and my drummer cant stand it T_T ...