News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harmonic Trem

Started by Adam_DIY, January 20, 2018, 02:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_DIY

I finished this up tonight but have been using it with my testing rig for a few months and absolutely love it.  Jon really nailed this one I don't think it will be coming off my board anytime soon, it also sounds excellent as a boost.  Unfortunately I'm less happy with the envirotex I ended up with super small bubbles which I couldn't get out which has never happened before.  I poured 4 enclosures at the same time and this is the only one it happened to.

Still I mustn't grumble it sounds way too good to be annoyed.

jimilee

Looks great! I love this pedal with a little distortion the swirly sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

I'd have thought it was intentional.  From the pix, at least, it looks pretty killer.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Adam_DIY

Thanks chaps I'm pretty pleased with it apart from the envirotex I'm not sure why I had so many bubbles I couldn't get rid of this time. 

Philtre

Colin, it looks great. How do you get the sparkly finish on the enclosure? Did you spray that?

stringsthings

Yes! Very nice.  I'm also curious as to how the finish was done. Etching? Decal?
All You Need Is Love

Adam_DIY

Thanks gents it's a powder coated enclosure from Banzai and the decal is silver self adhesive paper with the black printed over the top.

mrclean77

Clean build & I dig the copper/black/silver color combo.

I grabbed a cheapy blow torch from Walmart for E-Tex bubble removal and it was much easier, IME. Not knowing if you've done 4 at a time before, I would also say maybe only do 2 at a time. It'll be much harder to get the mix right without waste this way, but whenever I try doing more than 2-3 at a time, the last one doesn't seem to come out right, or at least it's harder to get it to look as good as the first one or two - the stuff REALLY does want to be mixed then poured quick-like. Again, this is from my little (relative to others here) experience with the Envirotex.

Philtre

I just did an ET pour which was going great until about 2 hours in and I noticed a few micro bubbles had appeared. Put a BBQ lighter over it, but messed it up because by this time the ET had started to harden and ended up with pucker marks from the flame instead.  ::) Next time if bubbles appear after about an hour, they can stay.  ???

Boba7

Lovely build, lovely theme! I really wanna build one someday. Great great job.