News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE site down

Started by madbean, January 21, 2018, 04:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The old VFE site appears to be gone, including the pages with all the discontinued stuff (vfecustom.com is still running). Therefore all the links I have in the VFE project docs to the old site are no longer working. FYI. Not sure if this is a temporary or permanent change. I'll contact Peter to see what I can find out.

Aentons

Looks like the domain name registration expired. Probably an accident.. I hope.

gordo

Kind of a drag that he's so focused on the new pedal that everything else has fallen by the wayside.  I hope his students aren't getting the same lack of attention.  I love the projects and am truly excited for the guy to be making something this unique but after paying all the money I did to Patreon for what amounted to a couple of undocumented circuit boards the novelty is wearing a bit thin and I'm feeling a little burned.

More than the circuit boards, I wanted to get in on the educational side and none of that happened.

Brian, hopefully we get a few more MB-VFE projects unless that end falls apart too.

<<stepping down from soap-box>>
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Quote from: gordo on January 22, 2018, 09:00:32 AM
Kind of a drag that he's so focused on the new pedal that everything else has fallen by the wayside.  I hope his students aren't getting the same lack of attention.  I love the projects and am truly excited for the guy to be making something this unique but after paying all the money I did to Patreon for what amounted to a couple of undocumented circuit boards the novelty is wearing a bit thin and I'm feeling a little burned.

More than the circuit boards, I wanted to get in on the educational side and none of that happened.

Brian, hopefully we get a few more MB-VFE projects unless that end falls apart too.

<<stepping down from soap-box>>

My understanding is the lack of being able to spend time on the educational component of the Patreon campaign is why he stopped it. The Kickstarter was incredibly successful and that's a big "get" for his students. He did make all his Eagle files for everything VFE available to his Patrons, including the ones for the PCB offerings through Patreon. But, yeah, I don't know if there was ever actual documentation on those (honestly, I have two of the boards and haven't had time to build them yet). I think he's stretched pretty thin as it is.

As far as continuing VFE projects there is no worry there. I have 9 or 10 more coming after the next two (Dark Horse and Triumvirate). And, I do have permission to make some of the newer designs down the road if I want to.

fair.child

Finally, it's about time. Darkhorse and Triumvirate!

chordball

Man, I'm bummed I never paid up to get those eagle files!

madbean

Site is back. vfepedals redirects to vfecustom, but the discontinued pedals (our builds) are back again: http://vfepedals.com/discontinued.html