News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalpcb.com demos ?

Started by Yahoo67, January 24, 2018, 12:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betty Wont

I'm realy digging the daydream mode. It "feels" like playing through a sample hold,  but more musical. If that makes any sense?

BuGG

Quote from: Torgoslayer on February 10, 2018, 11:16:54 AM
I'm realy digging the daydream mode. It "feels" like playing through a sample hold,  but more musical. If that makes any sense?

Turn the delay time all the way up, width and feedback at noon, then drag the pick across an open chord slowly.    ;)

Betty Wont

I dig it! Zappa should have had this patch. I really like the more experimental and soundtrack sounds i can get from the whole pedal. I play in an occasional Ween cover band and the octagon is filling tons of roles there. The pitch shifters are amazing on vocals. The whole pedal is a great vocals tool.

Betty Wont

Quote from: BuGG on February 10, 2018, 07:49:16 PM
Quote from: Torgoslayer on February 10, 2018, 11:16:54 AM

Turn the delay time all the way up, width and feedback at noon, then drag the pick across an open chord slowly.    ;)
The slow stuff is super pretty on the daydream. My favorite setting is delay at 9 o'clock, feedback at 1 oclock, width all the way down, and mix at 1-2 oclock. A great spring reverb meets sci-fi sound.

Philthy

i see there's even more fv-1 projects up on pedalpcb.com ???
my as yet unbuilt glimmer might have to be shelved in lieu one of the multi's
might wait a while til things settle down over there to see which products er....stick around.  :P

fair.child

@BuGG

is the Pythagoras going to include the Delay+Reverb together? What is the difference between Pythagoras and Octagon?

BuGG

Quote from: fair.child on February 12, 2018, 05:30:05 PMis the Pythagoras going to include the Delay+Reverb together? What is the difference between Pythagoras and Octagon?

The Pythagoras is a three mode board  (vs eight in the Octagon)  that uses a standard SPDT toggle switch to toggle between effects.   

It can be used to build single, dual, or triple mode pedals simply by installing a different type of toggle switch.
Single = Omit Toggle Switch
Dual = On/On
Triple = On/Off/On

This will eventually replace the current "single mode" boards and will group up to three similar effects in one.

Delay (Modulation, Space, Pitch)
Reverb (Hypernova / Glimmer / Radium Springs)
Modulation (Flanger, Phaser, Chorus)
Daydream (Ascending / Descending)
etc...

fair.child

So technically, can I use Glimmer and Space using Pythagoras? Looks like this is going to be my next build.

BuGG

Yep, they would just have to both be loaded on the same EEPROM.

fair.child

Quote from: BuGG on February 12, 2018, 07:17:53 PM
Yep, they would just have to both be loaded on the same EEPROM.

Does it mean I need to program the EEPROM for that? Or you'll include the EEPROM like Glimmer, Radium Springs?

Betty Wont

Quote from: BuGG on February 12, 2018, 06:08:28 PM
Quote from: fair.child on February 12, 2018, 05:30:05 PMis the Pythagoras going to include the Delay+Reverb together? What is the difference between Pythagoras and Octagon?

The Pythagoras is a three mode board  (vs eight in the Octagon)  that uses a standard SPDT toggle switch to toggle between effects.   

It can be used to build single, dual, or triple mode pedals simply by installing a different type of toggle switch.
Single = Omit Toggle Switch
Dual = On/On
Triple = On/Off/On

This will eventually replace the current "single mode" boards and will group up to three similar effects in one.

Delay (Modulation, Space, Pitch)
Reverb (Hypernova / Glimmer / Radium Springs)
Modulation (Flanger, Phaser, Chorus)
Daydream (Ascending / Descending)
etc...
This seems like a clever solution to grouped muti pedals. I'm in for at least one each. I see a pythagoras collection ahead! Maybe the bit crusher along with a ring mod and robo effect. And an autowah, filter, low pass xerograph type thing....

somnif

Quote from: Torgoslayer on February 12, 2018, 10:14:23 PM
This seems like a clever solution to grouped muti pedals. I'm in for at least one each. I see a pythagoras collection ahead! Maybe the bit crusher along with a ring mod and robo effect. And an autowah, filter, low pass xerograph type thing....

Or do like I'm doing and go mad trying to teach yourself SpinCAD! So many ridiculously terrible sounding patches.... so many more  yet to make!

somnif

Sitting around waiting on my last 2 components to finish my octagon are driving me slightly batty. Actually took my mostly-complete board to work today so I could shove it under a microscope and make sure my SMD soldering was successful. I think I did ok, but think I confused the hell out of some of my students, talking about molecular phylogenetics one minute, pulling out a random circuit board the next...

somnif

Finally got my caps and sockets! So many little screw ups during assembly. LED hole too big, LED hole not aligned with PCB, DC hole too small, forgot to buy knobs.....

Got the board all wired up to test and.... nothing. Not a sound. Oh no. Took it apart, back to the bench, continuity checked everything, and decided to re-heat one leg on the FV-1 that worried me a little.

Wired back up to test rack and.... nothing. Dig around a bit more.... and turns out I had clipped my aligator clips to the wrong side of a switched jack, so I wasn't actually getting signal through.  :-[

Swaps some clips and it works! And I swapped in a few EEPROMs and they worked too! Even the terrible patches I've assembled myself.  ;D  Haven't added the internal/external switch yet but I have confirmed it works with clipping R10 to ground, so that's on the docket next. Then experimenting with hot-swapping EEPROMs to see how that goes. And writing more patches! Hopefully some that aren't quite as terrible as this first batch....

BuGG

Quote from: somnif on February 22, 2018, 09:55:19 PMThen experimenting with hot-swapping EEPROMs to see how that goes.

You can hot-swap the EEPROM but you'll have to change modes to instruct the FV-1 to load a new program.