News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delmar Overdrive anyone?

Started by fair.child, January 24, 2018, 11:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

I just saw the demo of Delmar Overdrive by Bondi Effects. I intrigued to search this pedal for sale and found out it's around $1,400 used. Holy Smokes! That price is definitely something. Based on my observation and a bit research, it looks like a Timmy, doesn't it? Also, it claims that TS and BluesBreaker in a box. So, what do you guys think? Anyone has ever owned this pedal or at least do the comparison between Timmy and Delmar? Any schematics floating around?

somnif

I'm digging a bit, found a very out of focus pic of the board (doesn't look magical from a distance).

BUT apparently Bondi has released an updated version of the pedal called the "Breakers" Overdrive.

fair.child

Well, that Breakers sells for $229. If it sells that price NEW, then why would Delmar go just like Klon? Is it a joke?

somnif

(Shrug) Never under estimate the value of mojo? I'm just reading that the Breakers is the ""Del Mar-ish. Same concept but much better executed." " (Quote from the Bondi dudes at NAMM)

No clue how close the two circuits are. Just reporting what I find  ;D

As an aside, here is that blurry pic I mentioned:

(I am assuming thats a Del Mar due to it sitting next to one)
I count 4 IC's. One is a charge pump. One will presumably be for the soft touch switching. The others? (shrug)

sonnyboy27

It's probably similar topology to the sick as od. Which he's said online is a drive stage, charge pump, baxandall tone stack, and something else (probably just switching and current buffering).

You should be able to look up his description somewhere on either freestompboxes or diystompboxes.

blearyeyes

Sounds pretty durn good. Seems to maintain the tone of the guitar pretty well. Just built a Flabulanch which seems to be close with a bit more going on though. I like the one I built and wouldn't put out $200 - $1400 bucks for something simple like the Del Mar.