News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone have any opinions on guitars from guitarfetish?

Started by stringsthings, January 28, 2018, 07:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

While shopping for some pickups, I got a serious case of guitar gas for one of their electrics.
Does anyone own one of their Xaviere brand electrics?
All You Need Is Love

sonnyboy27

I've played their strat copy for the past few years. It's surprisingly good. The neck is a satin finish which is really comfortable and has a 12" radius. Mine came with a bone nut and not a plastic one so that was a bonus. I did change out the saddles for the block saddles (I'm not a huge fan of the bent ones) but that's just personal taste. The pickups are pretty good; they're a bit brighter than my classic vibe. I modded the wiring to have a master volume, master tone, and a blend knob and that's been great for me. I'm pretty sure they also put their larger trem blocks in the strats as well.

It does need fretwork. I play mine except in the winter because the fret ends will sprout out. But I just got a file set so hopefully I can tame that.

FWIW, I reach for it and my classic vibe interchangeably. I the Xavier in standard and the CV a half step down. Both are great guitars.

stringsthings

Quote from: sonnyboy27 on January 29, 2018, 04:50:22 AM
I've played their strat copy for the past few years. It's surprisingly good. The neck is a satin finish which is really comfortable and has a 12" radius. Mine came with a bone nut and not a plastic one so that was a bonus. I did change out the saddles for the block saddles (I'm not a huge fan of the bent ones) but that's just personal taste. The pickups are pretty good; they're a bit brighter than my classic vibe. I modded the wiring to have a master volume, master tone, and a blend knob and that's been great for me. I'm pretty sure they also put their larger trem blocks in the strats as well.

It does need fretwork. I play mine except in the winter because the fret ends will sprout out. But I just got a file set so hopefully I can tame that.

FWIW, I reach for it and my classic vibe interchangeably. I the Xavier in standard and the CV a half step down. Both are great guitars.

Awesome.  I was pretty sold on the guitar and now I've finalized my decision.
Minor fretwork isn't a problem for me.  Gives me an excuse to learn a new skill.
That's pretty cool that they put a bone nut on your stratty.  Having some experience with fixing guitars,
a proper nut can make a world of difference.

I've got a project guitar that needs new pups.  Think I'll spring for them and then pick up the guitar
in the spring.

.... those strat copys look pretty tempting.  I really need a stratty to get those tones.
I've been a LP cat since day one and it's so hard to go over to the other side.
All You Need Is Love

BrianS

I believe you'll be happy with one.  I got a Tele body and neck from them a couple of months back and they're fine.  I think the lemons are few and most of their guitars are ok with a little work. 

blearyeyes

Quote from: BrianS on January 29, 2018, 12:04:18 PM
I believe you'll be happy with one.  I got a Tele body and neck from them a couple of months back and they're fine.  I think the lemons are few and most of their guitars are ok with a little work.
Really tempting. Gotta love Chinese gits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yahoo67

Wow thats real inexpensive :p ... was alwas scared to buy a "off brand" guitar but i am tempted to build one. After all , i have made 4 tube amp... a 2x12 and a 4x10 one ...and about 50 pedals ... guess it would be the next logical step ! Wonder what the shipping would be to canada

stringsthings

Quote from: Yahoo67 on January 29, 2018, 05:14:56 PM
Wow thats real inexpensive :p ... was alwas scared to buy a "off brand" guitar but i am tempted to build one. After all , i have made 4 tube amp... a 2x12 and a 4x10 one ...and about 50 pedals ... guess it would be the next logical step ! Wonder what the shipping would be to canada

Their prices are incredibly reasonable.  I haven't come close to making a guitar, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to use their stuff.
With all of your DIY experience, I'd say that you're more than ready.   I'm jealous of people that make tube amps.
All You Need Is Love

gordo

I've built a bunch of their necks and bodies and have done a bunch of the set necks as well.  Takes a little work but all have been nice guitars and quite stage worthy.  I got one of the funny looking etched top acoustics about 6 months ago for about $170 and although it's a weird guitar it sounds and plays really well and the electronics are really nice.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?