News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Umm...is there a pedal, that can come close to the mxr 126 flanger/doubler?

Started by tone seeker, January 29, 2018, 03:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

I've found my favorite flanger chip is the overlooked MN3006. Great chip for real flanger sounds (correct delay range).
I did stumble across a very interesting project for a flanger from Japan called the "multi-flange" on experimentalists anonymous. It used an MN3009. It appears to be quite complex, and I'm sure would sound amazing. Real MN3009s are hard to come by unfortunately. But it would still be less expensive to build than to buy an MXR 126:
http://www.experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/OOP%20Japanese%20Electronics%20Book/multi-flanger.gif

http://www.experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/OOP%20Japanese%20Electronics%20Book/multi-flanger-pcb.gif

Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

tone seeker

This is has been an informative thread! So far, I like the sound of the FL99.
It is not quite as thick, but sounds really good ( to me anyway! ). Of course,
there is no vero layout of that one. But they can be had at a reasonable
rate. Still looking and comparing though!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: tone seeker on February 01, 2018, 06:39:39 PM

There is a transfer and BOM available for the FL99.  8)

tone seeker

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 01, 2018, 08:28:29 PM
Quote from: tone seeker on February 01, 2018, 06:39:39 PM

There is a transfer and BOM available for the FL99.  8)

Well.... I have never (well electronics class in High school 1991, we made boards in an acid bath!) Really made any boards. But I guess if you know of someone who could, and with labeling of parts on the board. I would have no problem, drilling the holes, and give it a try, with some $compensation.Wink, wink, nudge, nudge

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: tone seeker on February 02, 2018, 12:35:52 AM
Well.... I have never (well electronics class in High school 1991, we made boards in an acid bath!) Really made any boards. But I guess if you know of someone who could, and with labeling of parts on the board. I would have no problem, drilling the holes, and give it a try, with some $compensation.Wink, wink, nudge, nudge

Don't want to derail to badly dso this will be my last post on the FL99 subject.

Contact Haberdasher. He can etch and drill you a board (or board(s) as there are 2 of them) if you seriously want to give it a go.

Govmnt_Lacky

I do have a 'rough' looking schematic of the Flanger Doubler if there is interest in looking at it. Don't want to plaster it here as it is a factory schematic.  :-\

tone seeker