News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall No signal

Started by klonisgayjplay, January 30, 2018, 02:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klonisgayjplay

Another pedal not working... How do you keep from getting frustrate and angry?

Okay so, i have some bleed in my audio with the power out.

When i plug the power in i get an intense hum sound.

The led goes on,

The power reads 29v

bsoncini

First off. Take a deep breath. Walk away for a bit. Don't get frustrated.

Second post your voltages at all ic's. Do they different from the voltages in the build doc?

Have you tried audio probing to see where the audio stops?

Have you verified your power wiring?

Scruffie

Intense hum sounds like a short to me.
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

Intense hum could also be lack of ground continuity between the I/O and DC jacks.

klonisgayjplay

Quote from: madbean on January 30, 2018, 04:22:35 PM
Intense hum could also be lack of ground continuity between the I/O and DC jacks.

this is interesting because i only hear the intense hum when im using test rig, but if i just plug the input and output on the pedal itself i have no hum..

i am going to try and calibrate the trimmers one more time and see if i can get an effect from the unit. but as of now. the LED turns on but instead of an effect i get a less loud guitar signal.. Ill be right back.

klonisgayjplay

Hey, the positive ground is confusing me on this build and im not sure that im measuring IC volatages correctly.

I believe i have the power done correctly. Would anyone be willing to double check this for me?

im using the red probe on the left leg and the black probe on the middle leg.
if i put the black probe on the rightmost leg i get +15v

bsoncini

Voltage is just a reference betweeen two points. Normally you would have +24v but in this case the positive voltage is tied to ground as in the voltage that is normally positive is touching ground (the box). So -24v because what would normally be ground or 0v in a +24v circuit is now -24v because what is normally +24v is now ground/0v.

If you touch one of the ground wires on your input/output jack with the black multimeter wire and the black wire on your dc jack with the red multimeter wire do you have -24v or something around there? If not maybe the polarity of your power supply is wrong if it says +24v. Then check the regulator ton see there is -15v.

To check voltages at ic's. Clip the black wire on the multimeter to one of the ground wires (input or output jack) with an alligator clip and the voltages should all be negative and hopefully for you close to the ones in the build doc.