News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Spaceman vinyl faceplates?

Started by disconnector, January 31, 2018, 06:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disconnector

Hi all!

I'm building a few pedals and I've fallen in love with the faceplace art on the Spaceman effects.  I think the vinyl is super 60's awesome looking.

I can't figure out how they create their vinyl faceplates though - has anyone ever reproduced something like that?  I can do the art - I'm just curious about how they actually manufacture the vinyl overlays themselves.  I don't think it's CNCed or lasered right?  Is it printed somehow?

Thanks!

Govmnt_Lacky

Looks to me like laser engraved plexiglass. For that, you could ask pickdropper as he has done this several times before.

You could also try etched FR4 faceplates for a comparable alternative.

disconnector

I have a CO2 laser and honestly I don't think it looks anything like this.  It's too clean to be rastered.  It looks either like a photographic process or a really well done CNC engraving.  Thanks though - I'll keep digging!

My last pedal was etched and it come out looking pretty cool.  I really want the "60s" look for this one though.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: disconnector on February 01, 2018, 01:09:44 PM
I have a CO2 laser and honestly I don't think it looks anything like this.  It's too clean to be rastered.

I have seen Dave (pickdropper) do some amazing things with plexiglass faceplates. Did you reach out to him for his thoughts/ideas?