News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The TL072 in the Afterlife

Started by Now they tell me, February 07, 2018, 06:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now they tell me

Hello.  I have an Afterlife, for which a TL072 opamp is specified.

I think that my chain might be improved by having a TL072 in it but I've always had drive problems with TL0 op amps.  I would never connect one to the output jack of anything.  This is repeated experience talking.

So here's the Afterlife and here's one side of a TL072 pumping up control voltage into a 100uF capacitor.

Has anyone noticed any problems with this?

Thank you kindly.

Willybomb

Nope.  I've built a couple of Afterlifes (Afterlives?) now, always with TL072.  I've had no issues with them in anything.

Boba7

No issue. I had issue with a 5532, pretty sure it was an impedance issue. I used TL072 and OPA2134 in that comp and couldn't really tell the difference (ended up using the 2134 just in case haha)

Now they tell me

I started with a 2134, but it was flaky and oscillatey.  When it worked, though, it sounded CLEEEEN.

Today I reverted to a TL072 and it sounds a little pasty but it's stable.  Only thing is, there have been a few times I had TL0-equipped pieces work fine at home and refuse to work on stage.

Boba7

Hmmm that's strange what you're describing with the 2134. Mine sounds amazing. Weird

Now they tell me

I think I rather like the sound with the TL072.  Today, anyway.
I'm going to have to learn to not pursue technical perfection so much.