News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Frustration Day!—- TURNS TO HAPPY ENDING!

Started by blearyeyes, February 07, 2018, 04:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

Ever have one of those days?

ARGH!

Brane's Uni - Vibe works great except no on/off LED indicator. I try to make it better. POOF! I think I blew up the relay bypass circuit. Made it worse.. Ouch! Permanently BYPASSED!  I think it actually sounded like CLICK, CLICK.. POOF!  Crapola
Almost got it boxed.
Break time...

EBK

Been kinda there before.  Best not to even touch that circuit for a couple days (don't even move it off to the side). 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

alanp

Ooohhhhwwww.... yeah, probably best to put it aside for a week or two. Fresh set of eyes and all that, plus the inevitable anger doesn't really help :)

On an aside, that's a nice looking workbench :D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

blearyeyes

Quote from: alanp on February 07, 2018, 08:10:31 PM
On an aside, that's a nice looking workbench :D

You're too kind my friend...

I'll put the project away...  out of sight.
I have others to tend to...
I'll also put the hammer back in the garage.

jimilee

Yep, been there, ended with a small circuit melt down. It was quite exhilarating but it smelled terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blearyeyes

Discontent is the mother of invention.

Switched to true bypass, then replaced bad footswitch, then the controls went wonkey, long story short, I persevered, overcame and it works perfectly and is in the box. Just waiting for Keefe to send me etched faceplate as I could not get a clean transfer (more frustration) but all is well in Blearyland.......

Well the pedal does has VOODOO in it's name.

alanp

Alls well that ends well :)

Be glad you didn't fry the unobtanium waveform IC :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

blearyeyes

Fortunately it was just a pot I modified with a resistor that was unhappy when tightened against the enclosure. Phew!