News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

AC/EC pedal help...any wiring diagrams out there?

Started by adam_bz, February 10, 2018, 01:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam_bz

I'm looking at http://this1smyne.com/shop/acec/ and wondered how it'd be wired up inside, I'd like to build one :) can't find any info on Google!
Thanks.

idy

They don't give enough info to guess what is inside. Could be totally passive, 3pole footswitch. Could have buffers, relays, etc. They have seperate versions that have a booster inside. To create a poor man's "down and dirty" version that does the exact thing you take a 3 pole footswitch.
One pole sends either the Electric (post distortion pedals) or the acoustic to the "Send" jack. Pole two sends the "return" to either the "guitar amp" when the elctric is engaged or the "DI" for your acoustic. Some folks might not even need this pole, might want both instruments to go to the same amp, many variations, that could be switched.  Or adding a seperate "mute" footswitch. The third pole on the switch would give two different LED colors or something.... Or leave the LED out and just use a two pole switch, no need for power...

drog_trog

you could always buy 1 then open it up to see what makes it tick, trace the circuit if its possible. if you manage to clone it then you can sell the original on. That way you get what you need and a cool projects is created from it.

Aentons

A Boss LS-2 Line Selector might do the trick as well

sonnyboy27

Given my experience with t1m stuff I'd say it's probably just a 3pdt where instead of the middle lugs connecting to the output/input you're swapping the input/output of the AC/EC parts from the loop. So following the standard 3PDT convention you'd get something like this:

EC input Lug 1
Effect Loop send Lug 2
AC input Lug 3
EC output Lug 7
Effects Loop Return Lug 8
AC output Lug 9

Use the three middle pins for the LED with the center (lug 5) being ground.

That should get you there. Nothing magical, just a passive loop switcher.