News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Refractor - Beauty Booster Combo

Started by AllenM, February 08, 2018, 11:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenM

This is a one off custom build I did to help raise money for a local bartender / friend who is going thru cancer treatment. The bar he works for, and the place I hang out to watch bands is putting on a benefit concert with some local bands. Part of the event will be a silent auction which I am making this for.

Basically it's a Aion Refractor (Klon) and a JMK Beauty Booster in a dual pedal layout. I have included an order switch to move the Boost before or after the Klon. For the diodes I used a matched pair of D9Es and made substitutions based on the BYOC Silver Pony specs. Overall this is a really nice sounding combo form my initial play thru. This coming Friday it will be put thru the paces at a live show by a good friend and local guitar master and then he will again play the pedal during his set at the benefit before being auctioned off.

BTW Golden Child is his nickname at the bar.. no idea why but I figured it made a great pedal name :)

AllenM / Madtone

gordo

Nicely done!  I like the label maker labels in contrast to the pale gold color.  Very clean inside and out.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

stringsthings

Quote from: gordo on February 08, 2018, 02:34:57 PM
Nicely done!  I like the label maker labels in contrast to the pale gold color.  Very clean inside and out.

+1
All You Need Is Love

somnif

Has a very Cornish look to it. Just add a few pounds of black epoxy resin and it would be a perfect replica!

blearyeyes

AllenM

Thanks for the comments! Pedal auctioned for $150 which I figured was pretty good considering the crowd. Every dollar helps.

AllenM

blearyeyes

Hey Allen which enclosure is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bret608

I like this too! Glad to hear your auction went well. You don't go by Madtone because you are in Madtown, Wisconsin, do you?

AllenM

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 13, 2018, 02:00:05 AM
Hey Allen which enclosure is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The enclosure is the BYOC1610, I like the extra depth it provides (1.5").

AllenM

AllenM

Quote from: Bret608 on February 13, 2018, 06:26:36 AM
I like this too! Glad to hear your auction went well. You don't go by Madtone because you are in Madtown, Wisconsin, do you?

Actually it came from my gamer handle - Madstone. When I started trying to come up with a branding for my guitar realted work I realized I could remove the "S" and wamo.. MadTone was born.

AllenM