News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Funny Arrow packaging

Started by stringsthings, December 29, 2017, 11:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

Just got a package from Arrow today.  I needed a few SMT parts.
Shipping was free so that was pretty cool.
Here's the bag that held 4 SMT transistors:

And here's the 4 transistors next to the scanning matrix:

And the cardboard box ( with 4 other slightly larger parts ) measures 10"x8"x4".

LOL  ;D

P.S. ignore the date/time on the pic.... it's my silly camera....
All You Need Is Love

dan.schumaker

I know I always look forward to how ridiculous the packaging from Arrow will be every time I place an order   :D

somnif

Another new level of wacky packaging from Arrow.

A big cardboard box stuffed with packing paper.

In there, a plastic bag, with the end tied in a knot.

In the bag, an antistatic bag, taped shut.

In the antistatic bag, a small antistatic box, taped shut.

In the antistatic box, pressed into carbon impregnated safety foam, held in place with a top layer of foam.... 4 8-pin sockets.

I should note the 20 EEPROMs, handful of microcontrollers, and bunches of op-amps and OTAs I ordered in this shipment were all just tube-packed. But the sockets, THEY get pride of place and special kid-glove handling.

Arrow... even after you cancel free shipping, you are still the goofiest company I order from.

dan.schumaker

I had an order last week (right before they ended free shipping), about $2.00 worth of parts, they shipped it for free from the Netherlands, got here in about 4 days...

somnif

Quote from: dan.schumaker on February 15, 2018, 12:15:55 PM
I had an order last week (right before they ended free shipping), about $2.00 worth of parts, they shipped it for free from the Netherlands, got here in about 4 days...

yeah I made a ton of orders during the free days. It was confusing getting 3$ worth of parts shipped overseas....

I understand why they did away with it. I miss it, and it was glorious having a safety net of "oh shit I forgot 1 resistor oh wait I can order it", but at least we have the ridiculous memories.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: somnif on February 15, 2018, 12:18:24 PM
Quote from: dan.schumaker on February 15, 2018, 12:15:55 PM

yeah I made a ton of orders during the free days. It was confusing getting 3$ worth of parts shipped overseas....

I understand why they did away with it. I miss it, and it was glorious having a safety net of "oh shit I forgot 1 resistor oh wait I can order it", but at least we have the ridiculous memories.

You are right, that was the best, the safety net  :)

BrianS

Arrow is the best for stocking me up with packing paper which I use for a variety of things.