News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590A Tall

Started by dan.schumaker, February 14, 2018, 08:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Did anybody else catch Steve at Smallbear's update on this?

"Twinkie/A-size" box builders: I have set a licensing agreement with Chase Bliss Audio for the "Tall Twinkie" that they originated. Stock coming for Spring."

This could be a game changer for all those crazy like I am  :D

somnif

This sounds goofy, but intriguing. A 1590a with more than 1/8th inch of build height... wacky

midwayfair

Oh, sweet. I have at least one pedal that this will help make a reality.

dan.schumaker

This should help open the door for some more 1590A brick reverbs (even though FV-1 is the future of getting all sorts of amazing reverb sounds in a small package)...

sjaustin

Interesting! Would certainly be helpful in the build process. I wonder if it would make it more prone to wobbling on a pedalboard. My 1590A builds already do that a bit, even with a "full bleed" velcro job on the bottom plate.

pickdropper

Chase Bliss started those?  Haven't other manufacturers been using them for years?  I could've sworn Xotic used taller 1590A enclosures for something at one point.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

dan.schumaker

Quote from: pickdropper on February 14, 2018, 02:44:34 PM
Chase Bliss started those?  Haven't other manufacturers been using them for years?  I could've sworn Xotic used taller 1590A enclosures for something at one point.

I think Steve is just buying them from Chase Bliss, but they are probably the same ones Xotic uses.  In the Chase Bliss copy for the Favorites Mini Controller, it even says it's the same height as the SP compressor.

pickdropper

Quote from: dan.schumaker on February 14, 2018, 05:09:13 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on February 14, 2018, 02:44:34 PM

I think Steve is just buying them from Chase Bliss, but they are probably the same ones Xotic uses.  In the Chase Bliss copy for the Favorites Mini Controller, it even says it's the same height as the SP compressor.

That makes more sense to me.  Thanks.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

movinginslomo

It's like skyscrapers, go vertical! "Somewhere deep in the aluminum chasms my lad, are the connecting cables that make this rig possible!"