News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

HELP: Effect sounds great, bypass signal EXTREMELY weak. Thoughts?

Started by elenore19, February 15, 2018, 07:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elenore19

I mailed my friend a pedal, it worked perfectly before mailing. Now my buddy got the pedal. The "on" signal works great. The bypass signal however he says is very very faint. So faint that the tuner pedal doesn't pick up a signal to show what notes he's playing.

My thought is a bad switch. Could it be anything else?

HamSandwich

bsoncini

Maybe an ic or transistor that fell out of the socket? A loose ground touching something? Pics would help

gordo

Bad switch or the wire loop bridging the in/out at the bottom of the switch has cut loose or is intermittent.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

I would say solder flow on the stomp, this happened to me also. The signal comes in, goes across the switch and right back out, it would bypass the board entirely, so even if everything fell off the board, bypass will still work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

elenore19

Thanks for all the help guys.

It's hard to debug a pedal with someone who isn't a builder and also has the pedal very far away so I can't look myself...
We ended up finding out that with the cables plugged in the wrong direction, the bypass worked. So something was fishy. didn't make any sense. He then found that any contact with the bottom right lug of the switch made it work. I had him resolder the joint, and voila! It worked!

Thanks for all the help. Somehow I guess the solder joint became "cold" in transit.