News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

INKSCAPE Questions and Help

Started by jkokura, September 23, 2011, 05:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

Hey, Inkscape users!  I'm trying to change a circle path back to a circle I can change into a pie piece shape.  I have a circle that I changed from an object to a path.  When I double click on that circle, it opens the node edit tool.  So I made a clone of that circle, and need to change it to a pie shape, but when I double click on it, all I can do is edit the nodes.  I want to have the same options I have when I double click on a new circle.  Any thoughts of suggestions here?

wgc

Not sure if you want the piece of pie, or the pie with the piece missing, but in any case the steps are almost the same. Everyone does things a little differently but once you get the gist, you can try other ways.

Make your circle a path as you've already done. Select the node tool. Using the options that appear when you select the path, add additional nodes where you want to size the pie. Then break the circle at those nodes. Using the pen tool, draw your pie edges and snap from the circle center to one of the "broken" nodes. End your line, and repeat for node 2.

Using the node selection tool, Pick the two lines you just drew and combine them as a corner at the center. Repeat using the part of the circle you want and the joined lines, so that your path is closed. Basically you took three paths and combined them into one.

Hope this helps and apologies if anything is unclear- I'm away from my pc ATM.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Timko

Perfect!  I was able to do what I was trying to do.  I'm still getting comfortable with all of the path and node tools, but I'm starting to understand how to create some of the things that are floating around in my head.

wgc

awesome, my explanation was probably missing some of the finer details so I'm glad you were able to get what you needed.

Lots of options in the node edit tool and the context menus, also the boolean path edit tools.

Layers can help a lot too.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings