News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moodring build

Started by Scottosan, March 04, 2018, 06:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottosan

Stuck to the schematics about 95% with just a few value changes. I used the long Reverb module and Burr Brown OPA2134 opamps. They send to offer the quietest and richest operation.

blearyeyes

is the the 2017 version? Sounds really nice.

Scottosan

Yes. It's the 2018 board

madbean

That sounds excellent! Good recording quality, too.

Scottosan

Update.     

I typically don't expect much from opamp rolling, but the owner of a local surplus store gave me a few JRC4565D chips. He didn't know the exact use for them but knew they were used in stereo receivers and CD players.  These were NOS 1990 code.  At first I tried this on some OD pedals but they are not unity gain stable. I then tried it in the moodring and DBD delay. To my surprise these Opamps seem to bring out the best in PT2399 chips.  The opamp specs seem to indicate that they are capable of being a driver but not catagorized as a driver opamp. They are capable of 20v peak to peak at 400ohms. They draw a bit more current as well. In IC4 of the moodring they make the PT2399 considerable more lush and present. So right now I have an OPA2134 in IC1 and a JRC4565D in IC4. Also since I am using the long Reverb the dwell is almost to much and oscillates to easily if the mood or space are set too low. I dropped 100k across pins 1 and 3 of the dwell to modify its range and taper. So far, really loving this pedal