News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ANKH schematic mistake ?

Started by loreluc64, January 25, 2018, 08:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loreluc64

Dear all,
i've seen the schematic posted on freestompboxes and i noticed that on ANKH is missing a capacitor (C4 on fsb schematic with value 47nf) which connect lug 2 of Gain pot to Q2 Gate.
Fortunately it correspond on ANKH board on the longest wire bridge , so just replacing the wire with a 47nF capacitor the ANKH became identical to fsb schematic.
I noticed also that on some breadboard circuit found on internet the same capacitor 47nF is used at the same time so i supposed is necessary and if omitted could compromise Q2 polarization.
See in attachment freestompboxes schematic.

Lorenzo (from Italy)

madbean

Yeah it appears I omitted that erroneously. It should still function however it may cause some noise with DC across the Gain pot. I will fix that up when I have the chance. Thanks for pointing out the mistake.

loreluc64

thanks a lot for your very appreciated job !!

madbean

It only took a few minutes so I went ahead and updated the project. The 47n cap is now on the board and the schematic and BOM were updated. I did, however, note those changes as made on 1.25.17 instead of 2018 because apparently I don't know what year we are in and I'm too lazy to re-export the images.