News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stutr!

Started by trailer, March 06, 2018, 03:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

My first MBP build and it works great. Also my first small enclosure build. Thanks to Somnif for help in spotting my shoddy work when trouble shooting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

somnif

Glad you got it working mate!

matmosphere

Nice, I love the finish and the lettering. The paint looks like it was a lot of work.

madbean

Finish looks really cool! Glad you got it sorted.

You did not need to include that red LED on the board...it's only meant as an external indicator. But, there's no harm leaving it as is.

Anyway, looking forward to your future builds.

trailer

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 06, 2018, 04:54:24 PM
Nice, I love the finish and the lettering. The paint looks like it was a lot of work.

Thanks! Not really however waiting for multiple layers to dry was time consuming.

trailer

Quote from: madbean on March 06, 2018, 05:06:52 PM
Finish looks really cool! Glad you got it sorted.

You did not need to include that red LED on the board...it's only meant as an external indicator. But, there's no harm leaving it as is.

Anyway, looking forward to your future builds.

I was planning on drilling a hole but space was and issue and I figured I'd better not get to bold just yet. I wasn't sure if the LED was being used as a resistor as well as an indicator so I stuck to the build sheet as close as possible.

Next up is the mood ring and dirtbaby!

gordo

I like that paint.  Is it just rattle-can spattering or is there another trick?  The larger specs look like that'd be the tough part.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

trailer

Quote from: gordo on March 06, 2018, 05:42:35 PM
I like that paint.  Is it just rattle-can spattering or is there another trick?  The larger specs look like that'd be the tough part.

Just rattle can spattering. I like to hold the can super close to whatever I'm spraying and at about a 100 degree angle then push the button as softly as I can.