News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Three recent builds

Started by drsteel, March 09, 2018, 02:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drsteel

Had a nice little streak of getting pedals finished this week—mainly because just about every one of them had at least one component I'd forgotten to order, and so I had/have a bunch sitting around at 90% completion. First up is a Triton delay in an etched enclosure. I've been having really inconsistent results, but Dminner has been really kind about sharing some tips so I'm hoping future boxes will come out cleaner. This build fired up first time, although the LED by Time1 was dud and I had to replace it with a mismatched color (red when the other two are blue). Time will tell if it bothers me enough to unbox everything and replace it. Still haven't had much time to really play with the knobs and explore all the sounds its capable of, but it seems like a lot of fun!

drsteel

Next up is a Parasit Studio Theremin Fuzz, in the one knob configuration. This one had been a real struggle: on my original build I had some kind of short or something that I just couldn't track down, and it fried at least two ICs in the process. freppo was unbelievably kind and ended up sending me a replacement board, which worked first time. Such a relief, and such a fun little pedal!

drsteel

Finally, a Lone Wolf Audio Bulldozer fuzz with switchable caps to adjust low end response. The board was so tiny I thought it would be fun to challenge myself to squeeze this into a 1590A (I think the production pedals are 1590B). Well, it certainly was a challenge to my building skills, and my first attempt was a complete failure: I drilled the holes a little too tight and couldn't get everything in without introducing shorts. So I ordered a new enclosure and some of those tiny Lumberg jacks, and was also careful to get the 3PDT as far out the way as possible. Hoping it'll be a good option if I need to make more room on my board.

gordo

Damn nice builds all around.  I like the anodized switch nut (guessing BLMS).  I meant to grab some of those but like you say....ummmm forgot that with the order.  I consider myself at the pro level of forgetting parts.

Great etch and the blue will go nicely with the reds.  Face it, the thought of pulling all the hardware off to remove the board for a led swap.  Nah...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Zigcat

mjg

Perfect graphic for the Theremin Fuzz.   It is that sort of sound.  :D

blearyeyes

I like the graphic too. Nice job on the pedals.

Boba7

That's really cool, all of them, impressive!!

Aleph Null

I convince myself I'm happy with water slide decals and then I see etches like this...these builds look great!

madbean

Awesome work and those purple knobs are the bomb.

diablochris6

Great jobs! I really dig the Mars Attacks etch!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

drsteel

Thanks for all the kind words everybody!