News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chopped OC-2 clone

Started by mjg, March 13, 2018, 06:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

This one is a chopped OC-2 clone - on Diablochris's PCB "The Low Down".   It does octave down. 

I wasn't really happy with the 'clean' signal path in this schematic, as it ended up clipping quite badly at the first op-amp. So I ended up removing the volume pots, hard wired it to have no clean signal, and then made a small blend circuit to mix between a proper clean and the octave effect.  Also added optical bypass on the vero board. 

The octave down works pretty well, on guitar and bass.  It tends to crap out on the lowest string of the bass.  But that's OK. 

I thought I'd measured everything three times, but when I put the switching and blend circuit into the box, it was about 2mm too high, and the lid didn't close.  Dammit. So I pulled that apart, reversed the switch and a few components, and got it to fit.

Graphics are a blended octopus with cat. I dunno, seemed appropriate. And I think this is the most expensive knob I've put on a pedal - it was about $7. Given that there was only one knob, I figured I could splurge on it, while still maintaining the pedal to knob cost ratio. :-)

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love