Main Menu

VFE Mega Pedal

Started by fair.child, March 12, 2018, 11:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

Quote from: Willybomb on June 06, 2018, 02:09:47 AM
Only 100 hours?

Bloody hell....

More than 100 hours. Out from what my wife has counted.

madbean

That is some fantastic work. Shoot, even I don't have the guts to attempt something so ambitious! You should be very proud of your work. And, keep those pics...I sense a good build of the year contender here :)

zgrav

Congratulations on this massive undertaking.  In addition to the technical challenges, the painting on the board, decals, and knob choices look fantastic! 

EBK

Quote from: madbean on June 06, 2018, 07:07:33 AM
I sense a good build of the year contender here :)
The only obstacle to winning will be creating a demo video of reasonable duration to fully show it off.   ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

fair.child

QA inspection done by my intern

EBK

Does the pedal weigh more than your intern?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

fair.child

Quote from: EBK on June 06, 2018, 09:35:29 AM
Does the pedal weigh more than your intern?

He is a big boy. Surprisingly, the pedal weight isn't as heavy as him.

zgrav

great pic of your intern inspecting the pedalboard!

mjg

Amazing result.  Well worth all the work you've put into it!

fair.child

As for the labeling, here's the result:

zgrav

Those colored nuts on your footswitches look great.   Where did they come from?

zgrav

Found them on the internet at lovemyswitches.  I didn't even know those existed.   Nice touch for your mega pedal!

fair.child

Quote from: zgrav on June 09, 2018, 08:16:25 AM
Found them on the internet at lovemyswitches.  I didn't even know those existed.   Nice touch for your mega pedal!

Didn't see your question, I apologize. Yes, it was from BLMS, anodized nuts. They are really nice and work as label for the LOOP/CLUSTER.

LaceSensor

You have my axe*

*vote for BOTY_2019