News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Mega Pedal

Started by fair.child, March 12, 2018, 11:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

Wow! That is awesome... quite an effort. You got a name for it yet?

fair.child

Quote from: Aentons on April 29, 2018, 02:43:59 PM
Wow! That is awesome... quite an effort. You got a name for it yet?

No, I don't have a name for it. However, I ordered the tap tempo form UK Electronics and going to incorporate that for this board.

blearyeyes

Which Tap Tempo is it? If it's for the 2399s then you should use a Taprecise.  You could get a couple of those 9v multi tap transformers. AND aren't there different requirements like split rail and 18 volts on some of the VFE pedals?   

blearyeyes

Name it Medusa.

In Greek mythology, Medusa was a monster, a Gorgon, generally described as a winged human female with living venomous snakes in place of hair. Gazers upon her face would turn to stone. Wikipedia
Children: Pegasus and Chrysaor

fair.child

Quote from: blearyeyes on April 29, 2018, 07:45:21 PM
Which Tap Tempo is it? If it's for the 2399s then you should use a Taprecise.  You could get a couple of those 9v multi tap transformers. AND aren't there different requirements like split rail and 18 volts on some of the VFE pedals?

That is correct. I will still use the Original Switching Boards. The enclosure is big enough to fit all of them. I will have the Taprecise. However I am betting since I have created a separate Loop/ cluster system (Updated on Page 1), it will be hard enough to fit the pots.

The Tap Tempo is from uk-electronics.

http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=3099&osCsid=2b6b24208b1491bd2c91eee2d2546025

blearyeyes

Quote from: fair.child on April 29, 2018, 08:10:10 PM
Quote from: blearyeyes on April 29, 2018, 07:45:21 PM

That is correct. I will still use the Original Switching Boards. The enclosure is big enough to fit all of them. I will have the Taprecise. However I am betting since I have created a separate Loop/ cluster system (Updated on Page 1), it will be hard enough to fit the pots.

The Tap Tempo is from uk-electronics.

http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=3099&osCsid=2b6b24208b1491bd2c91eee2d2546025

NICE! Sparks will fly!

fair.child

Quote from: blearyeyes on April 29, 2018, 07:47:25 PM
Name it Medusa.

In Greek mythology, Medusa was a monster, a Gorgon, generally described as a winged human female with living venomous snakes in place of hair. Gazers upon her face would turn to stone. Wikipedia
Children: Pegasus and Chrysaor

That is a great name. I'll need the idea how to put the artwork. It's really difficult for me to create the 18 artworks that have a personality. Doodle might be a choice.

fair.child

Here's the way to hook up the tap tempo. Hasn't proven yet but I got the logic behind it.

There is a lot of explanation about how to wire up the board. I believe the marked TAP on the board to be jumpered. This is the pin out of the 10k rails. It turns out it works as lead points, just like connecting between the main and switching board. There is a label A on the main board which I have no idea of what it is.

cooder

Epic! I just saw this... very very cool and what a challenge! Will be interesting to watch, thanks for documenting!
BigNoise Amplification

fair.child

Thank you! For anyone who bought the extra boards from me, the build doc can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PmQSM02STR9a0tEjo09l1lV4eaKDxNfRWHEwPeeka1Y/edit

This is a living document and I believe Bumblebee and Focus will be supported through MBP. I am just giving you guys all a head start

fair.child

Finally, after long hours of planning and errors have been made, I finally came this far.

The graphic arts made by Photoshop and printed using LaserJet printer @Office depot using Waterslide decal.

I did the labeling with the waterslide as well. The base color paint for the pedals are Krylon/Rustoleum/ACE Enamel

I cropped the 20"x6.5" long. It ended up using 3 sets of the waterslide paper.

I am going to spray it again with the MinWax Polyurethane after the label dries. After that, I go with the wiring. I experienced "honeycomb" paint several times. This is the reason I suck at painting (to be honest) and I always keep redoing it (sanding/primer/etc) again and again.

I was so frustrated but at the end, I am happy where I am at now. Hopefully, it won't get me honeycomb issues after the Polyurethane.

cooder

Beam me up Scotty! Very cool, there's certainly a ton of planning in this...
Best of luck with polyurethane! Hope it all goes well!
Will you label the knobs?
BigNoise Amplification

fair.child

Quote from: cooder on May 18, 2018, 10:05:45 PM
Beam me up Scotty! Very cool, there's certainly a ton of planning in this...
Best of luck with polyurethane! Hope it all goes well!
Will you label the knobs?

I will ask my wife to hand write it with Sharpie. It has been too long for the enclosure and spent so much time on it. I really want to put 18 boards together soon.

zgrav

Nice job with the layout and the decals.  It looks great!   Are you going to use the same style knobs for all of the effects for consistency?  Or will you use different knobs to better separate the effects to match your blocking in the design?

fair.child

Quote from: zgrav on May 19, 2018, 07:09:21 AM
Nice job with the layout and the decals.  It looks great!   Are you going to use the same style knobs for all of the effects for consistency?  Or will you use different knobs to better separate the effects to match your blocking in the design?

Thank you. It took a lot of effort to do the decal. I am going to use different knobs just to make it easier to recognize.