News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Affordable Source for MN3101?

Started by Gristlepig, March 12, 2018, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gristlepig

Anyone know of a reliable, affordable source for 3101 clock chips? I try to support Smallbear as much as I can, but $8 a chip seems rather dear...

I won't fuck with Chinese sellers and roll the dice as to whether the chips are legit or not.

I've got a dozen legit 3007's I've had for years, and I want to start building with them, but I'm out of clock chips...

Or is SB's price the going rate these days? I'm just getting back into the pedalbuilding game after being away a few years...

madbean

$8 is not a bad price for a genuine chip from a reliable vendor. Remember these are not being produced any longer so you are looking at ever increasing prices or rolling the dice on an unknown vendor. Depends on how much effort/time you want to put into sourcing and testing chips. You might get lucky...or not!

I just checked my records: in 2009 I paid $7.95 for MN3101 from smallbear. So, yeah that's still a good price.

ahiddentableau

I think Paul at http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au has 3101s for sale at a very low price.  Or at least he did a couple weeks ago when I last checked his site.  Worth a look.

Gristlepig

Wow! Just ordered 10 pieces. Came out to about $1.30 a piece USD.
Add in in international shipping, and it was about $18.
I've never ordered from Paul before, but I trust his stuff is legit.
Thanks for the heads up!!!