News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BOSS CE1 PROJECT: MN3002 or TDA1022P: DOC UPLOADED

Started by drog_trog, March 14, 2018, 06:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drog_trog

UPDATE:

BUILD DOCUMENT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A7INECxk7Rbwl47o64qhp7koKuqXpupU/view?usp=sharing
SCHEMATIC: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MhTZEpOqMkA0MQJ3cPFBNJ45Y3ySNcCh/view?usp=sharing

BOSS CE1...'King of Chorus' which is based on the Retro Sonic Chorus

Prototype build

Hopefully I will get around to putting it together in a shiny new enclosure all properly complete including a demo.

thesmokingman

did you make any improvements for use with guitar?
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

kaeisy

Wohaa! Looks great! A prototype build. Will there be a board available somewhere?

dan.schumaker

Totally in on a PCB when they are available!

(now to source a MN3002  :o)

drog_trog

It's an exact copy of the retro sonic chorus which works well with guitar. just gotta sort out the stereo bit and also have a poke around with a scope to properly adjust the bbd output trim pot.
I would also need to make an adjustment so people can source their own dc-dc module, mine is a +/-14v(Runs from your regular 9V. ), same as the retro chorus. Leave it with me and I will work on these issues.

cajone5

Cool project. Would also be down for a PCB if you make them available in the future. Thanks for sharing!

midwayfair

This is awesome. I think this is the first CE1 build I've seen.

gordo

This was by FAR the coolest pedal I ever owned and have been kicking myself ever since I sold it a bazillion years ago.  This is VERY exciting indeed.  I've heard stuff that was close but never duplicated.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

drog_trog

Don't worry if you can't get an MN3002, Im going to make an expansion board to accommodate the TDA1022, another 512 stage BBD which I've tested and works just as good PLUS I'm also going to try get an MN3007 to work with a bit of tinkering.  :)

somnif

Quote from: drog_trog on March 16, 2018, 02:58:56 AM
Don't worry if you can't get an MN3002, Im going to make an expansion board to accommodate the TDA1022, another 512 stage BBD which I've tested and works just as good PLUS I'm also going to try get an MN3007 to work with a bit of tinkering.  :)

Wonder if it would work with a slightly re-wired mn3001 (since I can lay hands on the NTE version of that thing....)

chordball

Nice! I'm down for one when you get them sorted.

drog_trog

Can you guys do some digging for me. We want a cheap DC-DC converter 2W that is easy to source. Ideally less than $10 in a SIP-Package. Output to be ±15 VDC or ±14 VDC ideally. these are the specs of the 1 im using now.

somnif

Quote from: drog_trog on March 16, 2018, 07:52:18 AM
Can you guys do some digging for me. We want a cheap DC-DC converter 2W that is easy to source. Ideally less than $10 in a SIP-Package. Output to be ±15 VDC or ±14 VDC ideally. these are the specs of the 1 im using now.

That is a remarkably frustrating set of specs.

Only +/-14V converter I can find has a 5V input and a 1W max rating. Bleh. Of the 2W 15V'ers, the cheapest I can find with a 9V input is 14$.

I shall keep digging!

somnif

Looking at some other folks who have cloned it, is appears others have gotten away with a combination of charge pumps, inverters, and regulators to get the voltages they needed.

midwayfair

Two watts?  :o

How much current does this thing draw?

i would just drop +-15V and drop it with diodes.