News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BOSS CE1 PROJECT: MN3002 or TDA1022P: DOC UPLOADED

Started by drog_trog, March 14, 2018, 06:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cellchains

It will be a great contribution to this expansion with TDA1022 or MN3007, to build a boss ce-1 clone and these Chinese mn3002 chips do not work right, I am kind enough to test this. ;D

cellchains

Hello, are all the wires connected? Is there another version of build document ?

Morpeth55

I am really interested in this. Is it a different board for the TDA version or is there a daughterboard to convert it please?

drog_trog

drog_trog

Update: I do have boards but no DC converters left, due to a cash flow situation I cant order any more for a while.  I will post sometime later on in the year when more are in stock.

DLW

TDA1022P
125BB
Mod: Stomp switches are on solder side of the board which led to confusion on my part when wiring the I/O jacks. Therefore, the I/O are on on opposite sides from a normal pedal. It actually makes it fit my board a little better in a strange way...
Sounds excellent! One small problem... weird LFO? squeally noise. Not too loud, though. Dead silent when bypassed.

https://imgur.com/u1SuUYc
https://imgur.com/SqL4nZZ

Pedal art stolen from Stacey Rozich. Color laser paper/polyacrylic transfer.

drog_trog

DLW

Nope. I didn't (intentionally) deviate from your BOM. Very nice project. Thanks for making this happen! My only very minor suggestion that would make the end user's job a bit easier would be to find a way to add 9mm board mounted pots to a revised PCB. It's a bit tricky to get the 16mm lug pots wired and into the enclosure. The stereo jack is a beast, so I moved one of the pots to the middle of the enclosure. Not sure if this made it any easier, but I was able to get everything together in the end.

johnk

i just built my TDA1022P version yesterday. the bypass & volume control works as well as the LED's rate flashing with the rate pot, but i have absolutely NO chorus effect. I've checked and re-checked everything but to no avail. i had really high hopes for this one.

kaeisy

The PCB is okay, I built the TDA1022 version, too. Worked first time and sounds great!

johnk

yeah, i'm sure that it is okay. i'm just trying to figure out why mine's not chorusing/vibrato-ing.

johnk

if you could be so kind to post your voltages (on the chips for a start) maybe i can get mine working properly.
with a 9 volt benchtop power supply, i am getting +13.4 volts on pin 8 of the TL072's and LM 1458 and -13.4 volts on pin 4. i'm also getting -13.4 volts on pin 9 of the TDA1022P.

johnk

does anyone that successfully built the TDA1022P version have some voltage readings that they'd be willing to share?

kaeisy

Sorry, I had an issue yesterday while putting everything in a new enclosure. As soon as I have figured that out I can post some voltages.
Have you tried to use an audioprobe?