News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BOSS CE1 PROJECT: MN3002 or TDA1022P: DOC UPLOADED

Started by drog_trog, March 14, 2018, 06:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnk

that would be great.

so far i've just measured voltages. i plan to put it on a scope & a signal generator tomorrow.

kaeisy

I fear I fried my dc-dc-converter  :'(. drog_trog, where did you source these?
Sorry, no voltage measuring at the moment...

johnk

chorusjunkie

johnk

johnk

maybe, but i bought it from Smallbear and they're always reliable.

drog_trog

hi John, sorry been real busy, if your willing to pay postage both ways I can take a look at it if you send it me.

johnk

thanks for the offer. i'll probably do that since it's just sitting here collecting dust.

drog_trog

Update: I have ordered 10 more PCB's for the TDA1022 chip, if you want one please PM me.

$15 plus $4.50 worldwide postage

Free UK post

skumberg

Looking at the first post in the link, is this the correct way to do the depth mod?
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=117279.0

Wouldn't this change the voltage since the depth pot 8k2 resistor forms a voltage divider from 14V+? To keep the ratio I guess 8k2 should be halfed as well but I'm not sure how this affects the rest of the Circuit.

If I wanted an effect level pot, should I just wire it in series with the 22k(R57 in your schematic)? To control the wet level.

/Nicklas

drog_trog

Yes, i have done a bit of experimenting and managed to try this mod exactly as shown in that post and it's really cool. So when the mod is done and you just want to use the intensity knob as original just leave the new depth pot turned fully CW.
As to the other part of your question, do you mean a blend pot to mix wet/dry?

skyled

Just wanted to say that I got my pcb today. Looks very good and I can't wait to get started on it. I will also be doing the depth mod for sure.

skumberg

Thanks, I'll use that depth pot mod then. Yes I was thinking of a wet blend. I'm not sure how useful it would be though. I did it on my ce2 but actually usually set it in the same position.

drog_trog

ye, i seem to recall it being used in the CS9 that another member did (Agua Net Chorus) i think it was a C250k pot. Maybe its worth some experimenting, if you wanted to riff using an effect and just wanted a hint of chorus on top that would be good.