News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel with 3PRR a 12v

Started by Ariosto, March 17, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariosto

Hello everyone!
I am actually trying to cope with the Pork Barrel Chorus, and decided to make it 12v. Well, I made the normal wiring, then connected to a regulated 12v power supply and it didn´t worked. To be more precise, in Bypass was OK, but the effect in ON worked more as a booster as a chorus. I purchased then a 3PRR charge pump, made everything according to the Madbean instructions (not very precise and sometimes erratic IMHO) http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/3PRR/3PRR_2015.pdf
Now The LED goes on when required (I used a 9v power supply this time), but I became a high dose of hum either on or off. No sound at all, only hum. I attach here a pair pics, maybe could someone give me a hint or some kind of help. It would be really great!
My email: cristian_fe@yahoo.it
Greetings from Germany!
Ariosto

Boba7

Well if it didn't work with a 12v psu it's not gonna work with the 3PRR.

I think we'll need more pictures of the board, both sides, and probably some voltages too. I've never built this circuit but a lot of people here have.

:)

Ariosto

Hi!
Thanks a lot for the quick answer! The thing that have surprised me more with this case, is that the pedal had two differents "behaviors" in the construction process: With the 12v psu the bypassed sound had any problem, and with the pedal in ON I could perceive a slight increment in volume, but not "chorused". Later, with the add of the 3PRR the pedal became a swarm of angry bees, either in ON or OFF.
In attachment you can find some pics of the PCBs. About voltages, It would appreciate a detailed explanation about where should I take such voltage samples.

Thanks again!
Ariosto

Ariosto

Boba7

Some solder joints look a bit suspicious. Are you jacks and circuit properly grounded?

I really don't know much about this circuit, but an audio probe could be helpful.
And there are voltages on the build document, so you should also plug in a 9v power supply and compare your voltage with the document.

I'm sure others will chime in to help you too.

Ariosto

Well, well, well. I will inspect such"suspicious" solder joints with a magnifying glass later. I made already some manouvres with an audio probe (velleman k7000), and -as long as I can find the traces (sorry I´ve got not too much experience with audio probes)- everything is OK. In the PDF there´s only voltage values for the ICs and to 9.3v supply. I dismounted the power cables, the led and the switch, so right now I am not able to measure them. I have a B-plan, and is mounting again the 3pdt, jacks and led in the conventional way (I mean, WITHOUT 3PRR), trying with a 9v power supply and see what happens. If I understood right (English is not my native language) it must be work anyway.  I´LL BE BACK! Ariosto