News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller Volume Drop

Started by fair.child, March 26, 2018, 06:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

I am following up this thread by starting a new question.

When I daisy chained the Cave Dweller with Kingslayer, Blues King, Glimmer, and Ping, I got a volume drop within my pedal. Jon Patton mentioned in the previous thread to check the C3 to 4n7.

According to the doc, C3 shows 10n. I did 10n for the build. The question is, should I change it to 4n7 instead 10n?

midwayfair

This pedal has changed a couple times. Can you link to my previous answer?

fair.child

madbean

That's a different version of the Cave Dweller (the first version). C3 in the current 2015 edition does something totally different.

I don't know what would cause your volume output to drop when connected with other pedals. If you are daisy chaining power through several pedals it might be drawing too much current (really depends on the PS). You might have to experiment by disconnecting power to one or more of the chained pedals to see if the problem persists. Or, taking other pedals out of the chain altogether to see if you can isolate the problem to a specific interaction of your Cave Dweller with something else.

fair.child

I haven't tried with different PS. I will try it out though I ran the Cave Dweller using my MXR DC Brick. That might be the issue with the current. Thanks for the info, Brian