News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Octagon FV-1

Started by p_wats, March 28, 2018, 03:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p_wats

Finally got my pedalpcb Octagon boxed up after already using it on recordings via a test rig.

Lots of awesome sounds to be had here and soldering the FV-1 wasn't as dauntin as expected. Highly recommended.

jubal81

Looks great. Nice work!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

alanp

Nice! The inside is neat and tidy, and I really like the paint :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

Fully expected to see this is one of those Hammond octagonal enclosures.  Still, your build looks nice (and a more efficient footprint this way).
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

p_wats

Thanks guys. I'm trying to get better at labeling using paint markers, but the knobs on this one do so many different things depending on which effect is selected that I ended up only labeling the universal mix and volume knobs.

Drilling is usually my biggest flaw, so this was the first time I actually printed and used the drill template from a build doc, as there isn't much room for error when using 6 board mount pots.

oip

looks great!  i just finished the build of this yesterday myself, hoping to box it in the next couple of days.  it reassures me to see the amount of clearance between the jacks and pots as i was a bit concerned about it.

genuinely amazing pedal, for DIY the range and quality of sounds available is something else...

p_wats

Thanks. Yeah I wasn't convinced at first, but was glad it worked the way it did. Good luck boxing yours up.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

p_wats

Thanks! Still trying to get through a backlog of old projects (thanks again for the build docs you pointed me towards), but couldn't resist tackling this one to use in some recording.