News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Klein Bottle!

Started by madbean, April 03, 2018, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjamBands

I, too, found out about the Klein Bottle Kickstarter and DIY option way too late to participate.

I'm very interested in scoring a DIY kit for one.  I hope that comes to fruition.

Masochist

Quote from: jduma on August 03, 2018, 11:59:29 AM
So I am absolutely not patient and figured out I could use this in our next studio time. However, I may have made a grave mistake and I went ahead and ordered 10 boards based on his online for production schematics (same ones received for kickstarter). At the time, all I was thinking was that I have done SMD do this should be easy and not that one of the parts requires programming, Microchip PIC12F509 I-/SN. So not sure if I can remedy this or if any of you know how to program this chip and with what because I have 10 boards and a smattering of parts for this project. I would be willing to share the extra boards if I can get it working and would be willing to solder on the SMD parts but only if I can get it working which seems really slim. Help would be appreciated if anyone has any experience.

JD

How did you go with this? I'd be interested in one of your boards if you're willing to let one go?

Aentons

Quote from: Masochist on May 18, 2019, 03:48:15 AM

How did you go with this? I'd be interested in one of your boards if you're willing to let one go?

Ditto

DLW

http://vfepedals.com/diy.html

You can buy kits directly from VFE. It's not cheap, but I can vouch for the quality of the components. The carling SPST stomp switches alone are ~$10. I highly doubt VFE is making much money on these kits.

benny_profane

EBK has a good build report up:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=29603.0

I got the kit and built it up. If you're interested in the project, it's worthwhile and Peter did an amazing job with it. Clear documentation and absolutely quality parts. Definitely recommend checking it out. The predrilled enclosure is a massive convenience too.