News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blueprint build

Started by madbean, April 06, 2018, 05:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I'm pushing through trying to get the remaining VFE projects built and ready to release. Got the Blueprint all finished up an documented. I think I will end up needing more switching micro-controllers before releasing it, though.

All in all a great delay. There are a couple non-typical elements to the circuit design that I like and never thought of. Modulation seems just right, too. Not over the top but musical.

fair.child

wow... I only can wow...  8)

zgrav

Looks like an interesting PT2399 delay.    I see that VFE describes this pedal as an "analog voiced" delay, but aren't all of the BBD memory chips digital delays? 

madbean

Quote from: zgrav on April 09, 2018, 07:24:44 AM
Looks like an interesting PT2399 delay.    I see that VFE describes this pedal as an "analog voiced" delay, but aren't all of the BBD memory chips digital delays?

The BBD is itself analog (made up of thousands of discrete transistors). The PT2399 is digital and uses rudimentary analog / digital conversion with on-board memory to create the delay.

zgrav

I guess that explains why you could describe the circuit as having "analog voicing" since the BBD is "bucketing" the sound bits even though the management of those bits is being handled digitally.  It is confusing since a number of articles will refer to the PT 2399 as a digital delay chip.

madbean

It is a digital delay chip: the PT2399 is not a BBD (bucket brigade device). The "analog modeled" is just market speak for "we added filtering to kill the high end on successive repeats so it sounds analog".

zgrav

fair.child

Are you planning to release the Blueprint this month?