News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Optical comp + Green Ringer (my first pcb designs)

Started by Boba7, April 07, 2018, 09:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba7

Hey guys

So recently I started designing pcbs, and my first was a Green Ringer clone (with good power filtering and the "null mod" on a trimpot) followed by an optical comp that's based on the 4:1 with a compression indicator led and an inverting buffer on the output to get the signal back in phase. There's also a trimpot for Midwayfair's sensitivity mod (to adjust the overall level of compression, depending on the type of guitars/bass you use)

I've sold a few Green ringers, and have no plan to sell the compressor, so I hope it's alright. I do have some pcbs left for both, if anyone's interested let me know, if you can pay for shipping I'd be happy to send a couple away.

Anyways, those are my first attempts at designing pcbs, so not the best looking ones (the Green Ringer ain't bad), but they work perfectly well! What a great feeling! :)

P.S : I added a 47pf to ground at the input of the comp to limit radio noise, but I don't think it's necessary (bottom right of the pcb)

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

Your layouts look fantastic and I like the trimmer access. Nice job getting the hole lined up!

matmosphere

Cool man! Those look great. I really did the asthetic of your stuff. It's a good look.

How much are you asking for the boards, I've been thinking about making a green ringer so I'd pick one or two up.

Boba7

Thanks guys!

Matmosphere > I'll see how much it costs to send a card to the US but it wont be much! I'll send you a pm soon. :)

stringsthings

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 07, 2018, 01:04:22 PM
Cool man! Those look great. I really did the asthetic of your stuff. It's a good look.

+1
All You Need Is Love

oip

senoravocado

Hey Boba7! I think i may be interested in one of your optical comp pcbs if possible! I am in the US as well. I love seeing your builds, they are always so clean and have the minimalistic vibe that I like!

Aleph Null

Both look really clean. I like the simple industrial aesthetic. The layouts look nice and tight too.

Boba7

Hey thanks guys, it really means a lot! :)

senoravocado > I'll send you a pm!

jposega

That compressor sounds like something I'd definitely love to build up to go with my bass rig. I like my 4:1 but having a metering LED and sensitivity control would be the icing on the cake. I'm in the UK at the moment, but I've got a US address, too.

ahiddentableau

Sweet builds and nice boards!

Where'd you get the stamps for your enclosures?  Are those the ones I've seen on eBay from china?  I like the look of the font when it's all said and done.  Oh, and what kind of ink do you use so it doesn't end up getting smudged all over hell's creation?

Boba7

ahiddentableau > probably the same you saw on ebay yeah, I got them on amazon, they're cheap and came in a wooden box.
I use Stazon ink and them some spray clear coat.