News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stutr can the depth be less???

Started by Sarsipius, April 09, 2018, 08:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarsipius

I built the stutr and like it with one exception.  With the depth turned all the way down (counter clockwise) it is still a bit "too deep".  In other words, the affect is quite pronounced even at the lowest depth setting.  The depth control works fine I just wish that you could have the affect turned nearly off or have a very subtle (more subtle depth) trem.  Any suggestion on what i could change to give me a bit less depth at the lowest setting?

madbean

As described in the build doc, the Stutr does not have a depth control. What you are calling depth is actually a duty cycle control which changes the distances between the peaks and valleys of the trem effect (IOW, it makes the rise and fall of the LED asymmetrical as you turn the Sway knob). So, the short answer is no. However, you could add a depth control with some off-board wiring. I did not include this because of the space limitation of the 1590G design.

If you want to try and wire in a Depth control this is how you would do it: remove R12 from the PCB and hook it up to a 1kB Pot and 330R resistor as shown below.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on April 09, 2018, 08:57:52 PM
As described in the build doc, the Stutr does not have a depth control. What you are calling depth is actually a duty cycle control which changes the distances between the peaks and valleys of the trem effect (IOW, it makes the rise and fall of the LED asymmetrical as you turn the Sway knob). So, the short answer is no. However, you could add a depth control with some off-board wiring. I did not include this because of the space limitation of the 1590G design.

If you want to try and wire in a Depth control this is how you would do it: remove R12 from the PCB and hook it up to a 1kB Pot and 330R resistor as shown below.
Dude we're musicians, we can barely read the build doc. Needs more pictures and less words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Sarsipius

Quote from: madbean on April 09, 2018, 08:57:52 PM

Thanks.  I may give that a try!